6 || LOYALTY

𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕪 – 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕕
CHAPTER SIX | LOYALTY
𓆩❤︎𓆪𓆩❤︎𓆪𓆩❤︎𓆪

Usually, the scent of warm metal was something that Storm welcomed with open arms. It was a scent that he found comfort in. He associated it with everything right in the world, after all.

Well, right in his world.

Yet, confusion was never a feeling he harboured when he never walked into the metallic scent. After all, usually what happened was that he caused the violence. Especially when regarding his own home, no. Storm kept his personal life and work separate, after all. That was the way he liked it.

So why did it smell like he'd just walked straight into a crime scene?

To say that Storm was confused was perhaps the biggest understatement of the year, especially when Koshmar, his confident and violent dog, cried desperately for Storm. The last time he'd seen Koshmar cry was when the dog was only a small puppy. Storm had never been welcomed by a crying dog, biting at his pants and almost violently pulling him along to the living even before he could even take his shoes off.

But before he could ask his stupid dog what was wrong and what he'd done, he saw it. The very sight he'd taught his dog to be an accomplice of. "Plokhaya sobaka! Idti!" Bad dog! Go!

Koshmar didn't go, frantic and crying as he looked back and forth between his owner and the pale girl he once regarded as his light and saviour; his mother. She was the one who'd raised him and kept him company when he was crying, alone and lonely.

"Idti!" Go!

This time Koshmar listened and stepped aside, watching Storm go to work as he picked up the chair and the sickly pale-looking girl.

"Don't hurt him," Sophia whispered weakly.

Storm glanced at her hooded eyes, snapping the zip ties with his bare hands. "Hurt who?"

"Koshmar," she spoke breathlessly. "Don't hurt Koshmar."

Storm furrowed his eyebrows. The dog just mauled her half to death and yet she was more worried about the dog than herself. Her words didn't matter anyway. He'd never actually hurt the dog contrary to popular belief. Sure, he wasn't the typical dog owner but he enjoyed the presence of his dog. He'd never physically hurt his dog. He liked his dog. Koshmar was loyal to Storm, after all.

"Promise me."

Storm threw her over his shoulder and took his bloody leather gloves off, violently throwing them on the floor and glaring at her. "Shut up."

Sophia cried out in pain as he dropped her on his counter and pulled out the first aid kit. She grabbed his shoulder and desperately forced his eyes on hers. "Promise me. Please."

"Shut," Storm gritted, peeling her clammy fingers off his shoulder. "Up." He stuffed white bondage into her mouth before zip-tying the girl's wrists together so he could get to work. He grabbed her ankle, the fabric of her sweatpants flaring around her knee from how Koshmar had torn it.

The wound was a bad one, and he knew that if he didn't sew it, she'd likely die. But no matter how tempting that sounded, his little walk had cleared up his mind. She was of use to him. And he was going to use her.

Storm held her ankle down and tore the fabric to make space for his hands to work. Swiftly, he cracked a bottle of vodka open with his teeth, spitting out the lid and started pouring it onto his hands and directly into the girl's calf, causing her to cry out and kick frantically. He continued holding her down as he threaded a needle and started sewing up her leg. She cried out loudly and uncontrollably at the pain, practically begging him with her eyes to stop and just let her bleed out and die.