11: Tartaglia the sugar daddy

❥ミ★✫彡✰

______________________

❥ミ★✫彡✰

You weren't sure what you had expected for the harbinger headquarters. You knew that they were all filthy rich and therefore, their shared headquarters was obviously going to be just as elaborate as their estates.

... the headquarters scared you.

Sure, it was cool-looking, but it was so... sterile for a place where murderers and manipulators rested that it seemed almost eerie.

A bit like a jail cell.

Actually, a jail cell was a good description for it, since this was where Il Dottore spent most of his time experimenting on people, dead people, inanimate objects, animals, you name it. That man scared the shit out of you, and you were not pleased to have to spend your time here. You could only hope that some nice personal assistant of another harbinger was going to be there to talk to you and keep you sane.

Luckily this time you, him, and some other group of skirmishers that he called unit 6 used teleport waypoints instead of having to walk all the way. You were starting to suspect that having to walk to Liyue had been a test of your endurance and not because you had to walk there by foot.

Scaramouche was dreading the trip to the headquarters even more than you, even through he had been there countless times.
It always meant the same thing anyways. Whenever he was summoned back to the headquarters it either meant someone had died or another harbinger was being elected— which hadn't happened ever since Tartaglia rose up the ranks— or Dottore wanted him to be his little plaything again. The first few times he had been summoned to the headquarters when he was a harbinger he had tried to resist, but quickly learned that his efforts were futile and it would only lead to more harsh experimentations. He had, as one could put it, accepted his fate.

Of course, none of his emotions showed on his face, leaving you to wonder why he seemed to be in an even more sour mood than usual.

Someone walked across your line of vision, probably some random secretary, and you snapped back to the present. You were currently exploring the headquarters, roaming freely in the walls. You were roaming freely only because Scaramouche had disappeared as soon as you and him had entered the building. You had no clue where he was, and you weren't going to ask.

You heard a noise ring across the quiet hall, and you jumped out of your skin. You glanced around, raising one of your hands subconsciously to guard your face incase the (probably) hallucination had violent intentions

To be honest, you weren't sure what the punishment would be for walking around without permission, and even if you were allowed, if you ran into Dottore you would kill yourself right then and there no second thoughts.
But since Scaramouche had been gone for so long and you had nothing to do, you decided to risk it.