10: I abhor paperwork

❥ミ★✫彡✰

______________________

❥ミ★✫彡✰

"Miss L/n..? Are you awake?"

You groggily rubbed your eyes and looked over at the entrance of your tent. You had arrived at a Fatui camp a few days ago, and you were currently trying to recover from not sleeping for almost two days.

"Yeah, I am. Does— uh, Lord Scaramouche want something?"

You said, barely remembering to use his title. The Fatui members always looked at you as if you were either stupid or extremely brave whenever you just called him Scaramouche, and you had gotten too much chiding from both the Fatui members and the Fatui harbinger himself for not calling him a respectful title that you had given up and had started addressing him properly.

"Yes, he has some paperwork for you to review." The man outside the tent said, and you groaned and sat up, rolling your stiff shoulders.

Paperwork to review typically meant paperwork that he didn't want to do, and that was all of his work.

Safe to say, you were dreading working under him for any longer. You most certainly didn't join the Fatui to just become a human paperwork signer machine.

"Alright, I'll be right out in a second."

You stood up and ran a hand through your hair, realizing that it thankfully wasn't that bad.

You grabbed the flap of your tent and stuck your head out, looking at the masked Fatui agent.

He handed you the paperwork, which thank the archons, looked to be only around 10-15 pages.

"Thanks, I guess.." You grumbled begrudgingly, shuffling through the paperwork with a frown.

"And also, Lord Scaramouche said that after you finish those, you are to get ready and meet him in his tent."

"Okay, tell him I'll be there soon." You looked at the agent, who seemed disgruntled at your request. You realized he probably didn't want to have to go back and be your little messenger bird.

"..Or not. I don't mind, I'll be quick."

❥ミ★✫彡✰

You whacked your head on the clipboard, repressing the strong urge to rip up the paper in shreds.

Most of the time you separated the sheets into two different categories— stuff that Scaramouche needed to sign and stuff that you had to go through and finish. Alas, this time the whole pile was stuff that you needed to fill out.

I am either going to throw something and/or someone, or try to kill scaramouche. You thought, rubbing the spot on your forehead that you had hit with the clipboard. Unfortunately killing Scaramouche would only ever be a pipe dream for you. You were definitely not anywhere near his level of power.