𝟑𝟒: 𝐓𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬

Chapter Thirty-Four: Tossing the Treats

[ The Beautiful Oppressor Arc: Continue! ]

Vil blankly stared at the boys as they huffed, Deuce almost kneeling over from how exhausted he was

" Theirs was a grade school recital– clearly the work of amateurs with the thinnest veneer of competence. They're out. " the blonde muttered, brows furrowed as he crossed his arms.

This year's students were proving to be difficult for Vil to choose from– none except for a very select few were up to his standards.

Rook hummed as he leaned forward, leering at the boys from under his hat. " Interesting, interesting," he spoke before elegantly getting up and walking around the table, smiling at everyone.

" Attention, entrants: the audition is now over," he announced, watching as the muttering of the room ceased, and that your eyes were on his form. " We will notify the groups that pass tomorrow. You will receive either some news or no news! " he chirped, clapping his hands.

You blinked owlishly as you watched Deuce, Ace, and Grim make their way to you– watching from the corner of your eyes as everyone else started to pack up.

" You either get news, or you get shunned– how fun. " you sarcastically muttered, folding your arms.

Grim frowned as his tail swayed nervously behind him, the cat demon peeking around Deuce's leg every minute to get a glimpse of Vil, Epel, and Rook. " So we find out tomorrow? Now I'm gettin' all antsy," he muttered, ears pinned back.

Deuce sighed as he hung his head. " I was a whole key off during the A melody... " he muttered.

Ace pursed his lips as he sighed, adjusting the top that hung loosely around his waist. " Singing and dancing sure burns a lot of energy. Let's get back to the dorm and eat! " he complained, throwing his head back.

You sighed, slowly following the three, casting Ace a glance. " Have you happened to have seen Riddle? I know he's busy with the upcoming SDC, however...I don't want him to get stressed out. " you said, frowning.

Deuce blinked owlishly as he opened the door for you. " Riddle...? I don't know, actually– we haven't seen him around the dorm much... " he muttered.

You frowned, walking through the door. Before you closed it, you glanced back, eyes sweeping between Vil and Rook, while Epel happened to be consumed in his phone.

Lavender eyes made contact with your own before you turned your head and shut the door, hearing it lock.

Vil pursed his lips as he stared at the door, brows furrowed in concentration. " The turnout was half casual spuds on a lark, and half amateurs with at least some proper mindset. " he spit before turning to Rook, unfolding his arms as he stood up.