𝟐: 𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞

Chapter Two: Ramshackle 

[ NRC Student Arc: Start! ]

The two of you sat over the large wooden table with books scattered all around-- books twirling and flying around you as you sunk into your seat

Crowley hummed and looked up at you from his current book " Just as I'd suspected. Nothing. Not only is your homeland not listed on any map from any point in history. Now, are you quite sure that you come from such a place? That wasn't some sort of lie or jape? " he asked, narrowing his golden and glowing eyes at you.

You frowned, furrowing your brows at the head mage as you slammed your book shut. " Mister Crowley I assure you, this isn't a fake story. I really am lost, and I do come from America," you stated firmly.

It was absurd to you, for him to question the authenticity of your story. 

Your life.

To you, you lived in the most well-known country in the world-- even if it's not for all the right reasons.

To him, the place has never existed. A false tale that a simple schoolgirl is telling him.

He sighed, intertwining his hands and cocking his head to the side as he studied you. " Is that so? Then, I'm afraid the only logical explanation is you've come from another world. " 

He blinked. "Perhaps you've been summoned, from your world? " 

You scoffed, crossing your arms as you thought about what he said.

Surely, it wasn't a logical explanation that he had suggested.

But at this point, it was the only explanation that had some merit to it.

" Well, I'm not an alien, that I can confidently tell you. So, then I'm from another dimension and have been summoned here. Now what? " you asked.

This entire conversation was just making you feel worse.

He hummed before perking up, hand stretched out in front of you as he grinned expectingly at you. " Show me everything that you brought here with you. "

Your eyes widened.

Of course!

You quickly patted down your robes, searching every inch of it and your school uniform that was under it. 

Empty-handed.

Not even your phone was resting in your pocket, which was weird because you know you had it on you.

You never leave without it-- for obvious reasons.

You frowned as you threw your head back with a large sigh.

You didn't need to say anything as your body language said it all. Crowley also sighed, looking the other way in thought.

" Well, this is quite the predicament. I cannot have someone with no aptitude for magic bumbling about my magic academy. And yet, as an educator, I am loath to expel a young girl without a cent to her name, or any ability to contact her guardian. " he spoke, completely ignoring your existence.