𝟏𝟎: 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐮𝐥'𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞

Chapter Ten: Heartslabyul's Finale

[ The Rose-Red Tyrant Arc: End! ]

You were awake again.

You slowly opened your eyes with a groan, rubbing at them softly. 

You looked around, and though your vision was still slightly blurry-- you could make out what was against you.

Riddle.

Riddle was against you.

Your face was previously buried in his chest, his hand holding the back of your head with tenderness.

Oh, you suppose this makes sense.

After all, you did end the past sequence in an embrace.

Though, it's still a little weird.

You turned your head, only to be met with wide eyes from both Cater and Ace-- who both leaned over Riddle and you, respectively. 

" They're back! " Cater cried in glee.

The ginger sighed, watching you and Riddle separate-- the small redhead flustered. " Well, it's about time...we were just about losing our heads here-- " he paused with a cringe. " Figure of speech, sorry-- cause' we thought you might never wake up! "

Though still flustered, Riddle heaved his chest as he looked around curiously, eyeing the broken trees-- destroyed roses-- and just about all the damage he'd caused. " What in the world happened? " he asked, distortedly.

Crowley watched him with gleaming eyes. " Ah, Mr. Rosehearts appears to have regained consciousness. Excellent. " he beamed.

Trey leaned down a little, hand on Riddle's shoulder as well as yours-- and though the gesture was meant to be comforting, you couldn't help but want to crawl away from it. " Don't worry, Riddle. Just try to rest. " 

Ace glared at Trey as he helped you stand up, making sure you didn't tumble flat on your face. 

After all, the entire ordeal still had your head reeling.

You just saw Riddle's childhood-- the most important part that scarred him and made him who he was today. The most vulnerable part of himself-- you could say.

And he just saw yours.

" Yo, that's just the sort of coddling that led to him going nuts in the first place! Now the garden is torn up from the floor up, not to mention we could've died. " Ace spat at Trey.

And he was right.

Riddle's overblot was nothing to simply glance over-- he could have killed you, and in fact-- almost did

But what Trey was doing wasn't coddling right now-- Trey was simply making sure his friend was okay. 

Deuce hummed and crossed his arms. " It was looking bad for a while there. " he frowned.