𝟏𝟑: 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐬

Chapter Thirteen: A Prince's Reasons

[ The Ursuper From the Wilds Arc: Continue! ]

The red-haired Savanaclaw student turned around in a hurry, eyes widening at the sight of the lion beastman

The red-haired Savanaclaw student turned around in a hurry, eyes widening at the sight of the lion beastman. " Housewarden Leona! " he called.

" These students are trespassing on our territory! " he exclaimed, pointing a finger at your ragtag group of, mainly, Heartslabyul students.

Ruggie hummed from behind Leona-- eyes narrowing in on Grim.

From an outsider's perspective-- Ruggie seems just as confident as always-- but to the ones that knew him, or to the ones that were able to see tiny details-- well, they could see it all.

The way he would glance at you ever so often.

His ears twitched at every little movement or sound you made.

His tail was slightly stiff, no longer swinging behind him as wildly as it usually did.

You had to give Ruggie credit where credit was due-- had you not been so observant, you never would have noticed how nervous he got around you.

Though, you silently wondered why he was less nervous than before.

A small glance in Leona's direction from you was all you needed, though. It was obvious that Ruggie felt more confident around you because Leona was here.

Subconsciously, or not.

Ruggie's silvery blue eyes locked onto Grim, his arms hanging loosely behind his head as he looked down upon the small cat with a light smirk. " Ah, I believe we met earlier, at the cafeteria? " he said.

Grim growled and pointed at Ruggie in fury, tail thrashing behind him. " Hey! It's the Grilled Cheesburglar! " he accused-- making you sigh.

Now was not the time.

Ruggie's smirk went downturned, a pout playing at his lips now as his ears went down in faux sadness. " Hey now, friend. Let's not get carried away with such delicious-sounding nicknames," he said with a tease.

You watched the hyena beastman put a hand on his hip. 

" I have a proper name befitting my manly stature. It's Ruggie Bucchi. Don't wear it out. " the boy scoffed.

You raised a brow.

Manly stature?

What a way to introduce himself, you mused.

Leona ignored the hyena, rather, focusing on you. His green eyes pierced your form, his arms folded as he stared you down.

You couldn't make out his emotions-- he didn't seem mad, or upset-- but, obviously, he wasn't thrilled either.