chapter fifteen: I'm sorry.

Damien POV....

"They have to take down that rumor now!. We have to do something." Mrs Davis said anxiously.

"And what do you suggest we do?." Mr Davis asked almost immediately.

Suddenly Mr Davis received a call from his secretary. He hesitated before receiving the call.

"Sir the media reported the issue to the government. The company has been shut down till further notice for breaking the rule of family responsibility. The share holders of the company are demanding for refunds and we're on serious dept. All the workers also dropped their resignation letters minutes ago. I've been shut out of the company. What do you suggest we do sir?" He asked worriedly.

Mr Davis face grew pale in shock as the phone slipped out of his hands and shattered.

"What's wrong?." Mrs Davis asked worriedly.

"Our family company is gone." Mr Davis announced.

"What!!!. What's happening? During just few hours our lives turned upside down?. What do you suggest we do now?." Mrs Davis cried.

"There's nothing we can do for now than to let Damien handle the case. Damien, can you help us?. For Evan's sake. Please...." Annabella asked in a tearful eyes.

"Ummm.... I'll do what I can." I replied.

"Thank you." Annabella cried and gave me the strongest hug.

Suddenly a nurse ran out of Evan's ward with horror. Her panicked face can tell something is wrong.

"What's happening?." Mrs Davis asked worriedly. "What's happening to our son?. Where's the doctor?." She panicked. Minutes later, a doctor ran into the ward with a nurse.

Minutes later, the doctor walked out of the ward with a disappointed face. Everyone hurried to him worriedly.

"What's wrong doctor?. How's Evan?." Mrs Davis asked anxiously.

"Ummm. He didn't make it. We lost him. I'm so sorry. Please accept my sincere apology." The doctor announced and Mrs Davis fainted on the spot.

"Mom!. Doctor what're you saying?. Evan's alive right?. He can't be dead doctor say something!." Lora cried while she grip the doctor's suit.

"I'm really sorry for your lose. You'll can see his body and pay your last respect to him they switch his body to the next ward." The doctor announced and walk off.

Annabella who's still frozen in shock suddenly had a concussion. Nurses suddenly took her to another ward along with Mrs Davis who's also unconscious.

_________________

Damien's POV.......

Now it's I, Mr Davis and Lora left in the waiting room. Mr Davis stepped forward to Evan's ward but I stopped him.

"Sir let me see Evan first. There's something wrong somewhere. I can fix things. Just let me see him first. Please...." I pleaded.

"Something? Evan can't be dead. If Evan leave this family, I'll lose everything. My wife, my children, and my life. Evan can't go. I'll do anything to bring him back." Mr Davis sadly stated.

"Let me see him. I believe Evan's not dead." I said with so much confidence.

"Go on kid." Mr Davis gave way for me and try to console his daughter who's crying herself to death on the floor.

I walked into Evan's ward with head down. I have the confidence to create a miracle in Evan's life. But I don't want the world to know about my top secret.

In the middle of the room was Evan's lifeless body on the hospital bed. His face hasn't been covered yet. The IV needles scandals have been removed from his arm. His face was so pale and peaceful at the same time. Just the sight of him broke my heart.

I sat down beside Evan and took his cold hand on mine. I stared into his perfect cute face and concentration myself into his mind to talk to him because I know that's the only way he can hear me.

"Evan..... I don't know what really happened to you. Or what you're going through in that strange dark hallway you woke up to. But I want you to wake up Evan. Wake up for your family sake. They love and cherish you Evan. Don't leave the precious family that can't survive without you. Evan, life is like a crystal. It can at times get dark when you decide to lead it to the darkness in your heart. But now, I'm pleading for you to get up." I continuously said with watery eyes.

I know it's not enough to bring him back. I closed my eyes with full concentration and said within gasps.

"With the blood of the Royal dragon, I plead for his return. He's my mate and he need a second chance to life. Merciful dragon show me your kind heart and set him free from his angel of death!!." I chanted and suddenly I feel his hand made a weak move. I smiled in satisfaction.

"Evan..... If you can get up and face me, I will tell you all you need to know about three years ago. I'll tell you everything about the brutal night you had with those bastard and who sent them. I was there that day. Just come back to your family!. Come back to me....." I whispered and just then, I heard his hard breathing. He's having a panic attack!!.

"Doctor!!." I called out with worry and hurried out of Evan's ward to get a doctor.

__________________________________

Watch out for the next chapter. Thank you 💕