Chapter ten: Why did you do it?

Evan's POV....

Continue flashbacks.....

After that incident, I became distant from my family, friends and I pretty much avoided public appearance. I became terrified of everyone around me because of that brutal night I experienced with those men. I almost committed suicide because I don't feel like living in the shadows anymore. And I'm still afraid of living in the sport light. I hate unnecessary attention.

And deep down, I know things will never remain the same after that night. I quit music, basketball, swimming lessons and only hide my face in the library where I know no one will come in and disturb my reading hour.

As the years passed away, I grew to make eye contact with some people around me, and my family. But I never get too associated with popular people so I can't get in the sport light.

And probably after that night, I became a clean freak. The doctor also informed my parents, I have a condition called 'Over Compulsive Disorder'.

The smokes they blew on my face, make me hate my father who also smokes. The heat from their skin make me feel insecure about my body temperature. And the way their hands kept exploring my skin, make me bath almost a hundred times a day just so I wouldn't feel their terrifying touch.

Then, I used to wait for a servant to clear up my room. But after that incident, I would do all my chores by myself, and do the cleaning extra careful so no stain will find their way into my room.

End of flashback....

I closed my eyes slowly and inhale slowly before letting it go. This used to calm me down a little anytime I'm afraid. But today, nothing seems to work.

But suddenly, I started hearing loud noises from outside my compound. This is so unusual because no one ever trespassed into our property. I walked towards the window, adjust the cottons, and peak outside.

And oh my God!!! The media is at my house. I don't want to go out because I'm scared of public appearance. So I just grabbed the TV remote and pressed the media station channel.

"We're now at Mr Davis Karloff property to ask some questions concerning the news I told you all someone briefly sent to my email." A lady with a microphone said to the camera.

She walked over to our doorstep but before she knocked, the door burst open and Lora and Annabella appeared at the entrance of the gate.

The lady spent no second before she started asking what she's curious about.

"Hello good afternoon ladies. Is this the Davis Karloff family?." The lady who holds a microphone asked. Lora and Annabella glanced at each other looking confused.

"Yes?. May I know why the media is at my house?." Lora asked. I can see right through her that she's scared to death.

"We received a strange email from an anonymous number minutes ago saying Mr Derek who's your boyfriend, assaulted your younger brother in an attempt to rape him. Is that true?." The lady asked.

"Shit!!." I cursed with shock.

"Wait.... What!!." Lora suddenly went crazy mad. She glanced at Annabella who have the same shocked expression on her face.

"Tell us Lora Davis. Was your brother raped by your boyfriend?." Another man asked as cameras kept flashing in Lora and Annabella faces. This is so freaking humiliating!. Who would have done this to me.?

My head started to spin as I watch my sister try to chase the media's away from our environment. This isn't what I expected to happen. Derek wouldn't have told anyone since he'll be arrested. The only person who can, is Liam. He's the only one who have such access to the media. And no one else saw the seen. How I thought he'll be my friend. I'm such an idiot to trust him.

With all those thoughts in my head, I don't know what's happening to me anymore. I felt so dizzy. I step backwards trying to control myself. But then, I lost my balance and fell backward hitting my head hard on a nearby table.

Everything went blurry all of a second. I can feel my hair soaking with hot liquid. I lazily raised my hand to touch my head only to feel something wet in it. I struggled to raise my hand to my face to see what soaking my hair. And to my awe, I realized my hand was covered in thick blood.

I hit my head too hard. I have no much strength in me to call for help because I can feel myself blacking out. I reached out to my phone which was close to the table. There was no time to choose a number to call. My fingers tap some numbers I can't seem to recognize and I dialed it.

It beeped twice and I heard a male voice. At first I can't tell who's speaking through the other side of the phone. But the only thing I can come up with, is to cry for help.

"H_help.... Call... Anyone... I need h_elp....42 gray street. P_lease... Hurry..." I mumbled weakly.

"Evan!!, Evan is that you?. What's wrong!!." I hear someone say. But I couldn't reply because my strength has already run out. I sigh weakly and blacked out completely.