Chapter twenty: kidnapped?

___________________________________

"What do you suggest we do now Davis?. Evan can't speak against the paparazzi's  rumor. How can we get our family company and property back?." Mrs Davis asked sobbing on her husband's shoulder.

"At this point, I'll have to seek help from my wealthy friend. Someone who can convince the governor to return our family company and property, and also stop the rumor about Evan's rape." Mr Davis said blankly.

"And who could be stupid or wealthy enough to do all that without a price?." Mrs Davis asked.

"Mr Sterling." Mr Davis replied.

"Damien's grandfather?." Mrs Davis asked shocked.

Years ago, Mr Sterling was popularly known as the wealthiest man in the city. Not until when he retired from his company to the hands of 'Mr Smith' his only son. But there are rumors of him still residing in an unknown villa. It's been seven years now and still yet no one can find the 76 years old man. The only way to get to him, is through Damien his favourite grandson.

"Yeah. He can help us. I hope his price isn't deadly. I'll have to make an appointment with him first." Mr Davis slowly replied.

"If you want to make an appointment with Mr Sterling, only Damian can help us with that." Lora who's been ease_dropping on her parents conversation for so long, spoke up as she walk out of her hiding spot.

"Goodness how the fuck did you get there?. And why're you ease dropping on our conversation?." Mrs Davis scolded.

Lora was about to answer to that when her dad suddenly asked a curious question.

"Where's Annabella?." Mr Davis asked curiously.

"She's over t-." Lora point out to where she left Annabella to see the chair empty.

"What?. She was right there earlier. I... I saw her there. Where did she go to?." Lora questioned herself worriedly in panic.

"Find her. She must be within this hospital walls." Mr Davis ordered to his personal guards who stood close to them. They nodded and ran off in search of Annabella.

Mrs Davis suddenly broke down in tears.

"This is not happening. Annabella is missing. Annabella.... " Mrs Davis panicked. Mr Davies embraced his wife into a comforting hug.

"Sweetheart everything will be okay. She'll be found soon. The guards will search for her, and bring her back in no time." Mr Davis comforted his wife.

"I think it's high time we ask our families for help. Ever since this is happening to us, they haven't even called to ask how we're managing the whole situation." Mr Davis suggested.

"You know my family well. They don't care if we're facing hell or dying. Is there no other way out of this mess?." Mrs Davis cried heartedly.

"I need to speak with Mr Sterling." Mr Davis sigh heavily.

Right at that moment, Damien stepped out of Evan's ward. His expression was peaceful at first. But when he saw all eyes on him, he sighed gently. Lora approached him first with a worried expression.

"How's Evan?. Did he recall anything?." Lora impatiently asked.

Damien walked to the sad couple without responding to Lora. They stayed silent and waited for Damien to say something. But nothing came out. His expression stayed mysterious.

"I'll advice Evan should not be allowed to make a statement against the paparazzi. His health, is critical than we can ever imagine. He can't recall anything other than two years ago night when he was raped." Damien announced and they all gasped.