Interlude Pt 1: The past that haunts him

Dunk lets out a deep sigh as he was sorting through the bills. He looks at the 2 consent letter and payment required for Phuwin and Gemini's upcoming school trip. He does not want to deprive his brothers of a normal childhood with his parents gone but yet he wonders how he could make that happen.

He holds the tears in, afraid that twins or Pond would walk in at any time. He had not been able to properly grief with the responsibility thrusted upon him. He braves through it for his siblings. He wants his brothers to retain the normalcy and innocence for as long as he can shield them. He does not want Pond to be burdened by his responsibility. He had asked too much by asking him to take care of the twins when he needs to work. Pond should have a life of his own. He should be able to spend time with his friends, enjoying his last leap of freedom at uni before they are thrusted out into the working world. He doesn't want him to know the financial issue that he is struggling with. He knew he would ask his parents, no questions asked but he shouldn't burden them. They may had been good friends with his parents but there is a line drawn with such a relationship now that they are gone. Pond's parents weren't the most caring to begin with, which is why he spends more time with the Tangsakyuen brothers than be back home. His grandparents are a different story all together but they are in their old age and should enjoying the last phase of their lives. They shouldn't be troubled.

Dunk prepares for his shift at the bar. His troubled look doesn't go unnoticed. Phi Aoey walks up to him,

"Dunk, you should consider the offer I've mentioned before. You'll earn triple the money. It's just serving the customers at the private room that's it. It's just like Pang serving drinks upfront."

Phi Aoey gestures to his co-worker serving food and drinks to the table. Dunk had never liked Phi Aoey, his smile never held an ounce of sincerity. He would only seek him out when Phi Guy is not around. He had rejected his offer time and time again but he was desperate this time round. He closed his eyes and nodded before he regrets his life decision. Phi Aoey had beamed at his response. He gave him an envelope filled with cash- an extra three months' worth of salary. He tells him that he'll start tomorrow. He wonders if he had made the right decision but there's no backing out now. 

---

A/N: Can't believe that Dunk will say yes to such a dubious request. 🧐🧐 

Dunk in this series is quite a complicated character, so I've actually tried to condense his past into one single story, making it a single incident than really going into detail of how his tragic past came to be. It can get draggy if I do. so hope you enjoy. 

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊