The sleepover: Pond & Joong

Pond gave him a brand new toothbrush and a towel. He opens Dunk's closet asking him to pick what he likes since Dunk doesn't really mind. Dunk's closet looks pretty bare compared to his. Pond explains that Dunk doesn't indulge much and that the three of them were pretty used to borrowing his clothes so it may not seem like a lot. Joong just randomly pick out a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

Joong took a close look at the room after he showered and realized the space really does resemble a spaceship with how dark it was. He climbs into bed with Pond not too far behind. They both settle into an uneasy silence. Joong wasn't sure what he should say or he should ask...

"You know you can ask me anything right, Joong? We've been friends for many years." As if Pond could read his thoughts.

He decided to cut the chase and just ask, "what's your relationship with Dunk?" Pond stared into his eyes for some time as if looking for something.

"I thought I was imagining at first but I'm pretty certain now. You like him, don't you?" Pond asked. Joong nodded quietly, knowing that there was no way he could lie to him. He knows him too well.

"If it was anyone else, I would be worried. But you... When you fall, you fall hard. I trust that you can take care of him."

"I do want to take care of him. If he allows me."

"Puuean (friend)... it's not going to be easy. I remember Dunk used to have a crush on someone before his parents died. But since then, he had sworn to prioritize his brothers. Poor guy didn't even get to confess. I do think it's high time now since Phu and Gem are all grown up. So first off, we need to get him to be open up his mind to the possibility of being in love, having a relationship. That is really just the easy part."

"what's the hard part?" Joong asked curiously.

"Say you cross that bridge and he likes in you. There's so much more you need to convince him. You are a celebrity and the sole bread winner in your family. He's going to wanna know if the relationship is going to affect your career. He had it tough. Money was difficult to come by for him. He will be afraid that it'll affect your ability to support your family. You'll need some solid evidence that says otherwise. That's the most important factor. After that, he's going to wonder how he can fit into your world of glitz. Despite being a CEO, he is not a very confident person. Life had been rough for him and the entertainment industry is very foreign to him. Not to mention he's a homebody and an introvert by nature" Pond explained.

"You know him really well."

"Sometimes I think I know him better than I know myself." Pond laughed.

Joong was deep in thoughts, he is pretty sure that Dunk is it for him. He is willing to do anything to be with him.

"When did you fall for him?" Pond asked suddenly.

"The first time I saw him at the bar."

"Shiiaa, you really got it bad... I truly hope that you'll take better care of him than I do. Just don't hurt him, he has been through too much." Pond said quietly. 

"I won't, I just want to love him."

"we'll take it one step at a time. Sleep for now." They ended the discussion at that, not knowing that a similar conversation was going on in the other room.   

---

A/N: What do you think? I decided to post 2 chapters since they're both on the same topic. Hope you enjoy.