Discovery Pt 3

The mystery had the music industry and the JoongDunk fandom crazy. They were deep diving into Joong's play list and song writers who went under pseudo names. The media had even interviewed Jeff to guess who he was. "I really have no idea but I would be more than happy to reconnect and have a future collaboration with him"

Joong and Dunk were invited to a music talk show for the "reveal". The host had said with confidence that they have narrowed it down to 3 people.

"If you are listed within the final list, will you reveal yourself?" Dunk had nodded with a nervous laugh. Joong had clasped his hand in support. The host had pulled up the 3 names that had gained the most votes during their campaign, he had then moved on to ask the panel of three on their opinion.

"They all look promising. I would be excited if he is Outsider. I have wanted to meet him for so long. His songs are an inspiration to me" Jeff commented.

"I doubt he is Outsider based on his age. I doubt he has the experience nor the talent to be on this list." Joong was fuming as the words of this panellist but he was a famous music producer so he kept quiet. He will definitely be eating his words later.

"Khun Dunk, let's have a little bit of fun. Instead of just announcing who you are, will you sing the song that you wrote? If you are within the list." Dunk's mouth hung open at the host's request but he had relented in the end. He picked up a guitar, getting it plugged in with a microphone in front of him. He had chosen to play his last piece, My Final Goodbye. 

When he strummed the familiar melody, there was recognition within Jeff instantly. He was clapping the shoulder of the panellist beside him, unable to voice out the overwhelming excitement within him. Dunk's voice rings loud and clear. He travelled through the emotions within the song, the memories of the past surfacing. From the moment he learnt of his parents' death in the plane crash; to innocence lost; resigning to the fate of being his family's pillar- his brothers' sworn protector; saying good-bye to his love before they even began. He lets go of the guitar as the band in the studio took over after recognizing the song. It was a mesmerizing sight for Joong to see his husband lose himself into the song. He felt immerse pride.

The audience were moved by the power of the emotion in his voice

It used to be a song of despair to Dunk but it held a different meaning for him now. He ended the song with a hint of hope for the future. Jeff walked over to hug Dunk when the song ended.

"Where have you been, bro, my man! Finally, I finally get to meet you!" Jeff had rambled on excitedly. The panelist who had criticized Dunk before was apologetic- not only was he moved by his lyrics; he was moved by the emotion in his voice. There was no doubt that the song belonged to him. Dunk had shyly said that he loved Jeff's version better, while Jeff loved his. Jeff offers to have a collaboration once again before ending their chat.

"Do you plan to write again? Have you written any songs for Joong?" Which Joong proudly replied that the songs for their wedding themed concert were written by Dunk.

"Oh yes, yes. Congrats to the both of you! On that note, while we are at it. What song will you choose to serenate to each other? What song represents your love for the other? But you can't use your own song. Let's start with Joong." They brought two chairs to the stage. Dunk passes the guitar to Joong. Joong took a moment  before he signaled that he is ready. The melody of the song One Hug fills the room.

Dunk gave Joong a tight hug as the song ends. Joong hugged him back feeling the warmth from his husband. The audience and the host were gushing at their interaction. Joong passed the guitar Dunk and he strummed to a slow and easy tune of Eternal Love before he sang. He sang of their love and his wishes for it. Joong teared at Dunk's heartfelt words.

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N:

Is this the end? erm.. gor mi nid dieow..There's still a lil more.. just a lil more. But here's more fluff since it's Xmas season. These 2 songs really spoke of JoongDunk's relationship in this series. The lyrics are so on point. What do you think?  Hugging has always been JoongDunk's love language. 

I still miss 2gether the series. Any BrightWin fan here? 

as a bonus, the general feel of Dunk singing his song above would probably be about the same vibe as him singing First Love I guess. Vocal wise. here's a clip that closely mirrors what I had in mind. Joong emoting the feel of the song was so funny🤭🤭 :