JoongDunk series interview 1: the director

"Sawadee khup, we have Phi Jojo the director of The Secret Within here. Welcome! Can you tell us a little bit about the series?" Phi Jojo continued on to introduce himself and wai-ed at the camera.

"So the series is about Win played by Joong who falls in love with the aloof Sun, played by Dunk. It's basically Win's agenda in pursuing Sun, while Sun battles through his own drama in uncovering the truth about his family. To put it shortly" Phi Jojo summarized.

"The fans were so excited when they finally got a JoongDunk series. How were they on set?" Phi Leo asked.

"ohoo~~ waan jeap. If they had loved the snippet of interaction before. They will love this series. Definitely watch the behind the scenes, so much more there. I notice that they sulk when the other is not on set, especially Joong." Phi Jojo laughed.

"On another note, du kon yaak ruu (everyone wants to know)... did you feel pressured to take on khun Dunk for this series?" Phi Leo going for the jugular.

"No actually. We actually did a private casting with just him and Joong, so no one actually knew we were casting him in the beginning. I get the sense that he had hoped that he didn't pass the casting session because he had told me specifically that I'm not obliged to take him on." Phi Jojo laughed

"If you had the choice of casting someone else for the role of Sun again who would you choose?" Phi Leo asked curiously.

"I would still choose Dunk. He is the perfect embodiment of Sun. He understood the complexity of the character so well as if he really lived the life of Sun. Dunk may be new to the field but his life experience made up for what is lacking. The emotions that he was able to emote. Goosebumps, I tell you." Phi Jojo smiled.

"How is it like working with him?" He can't help but think how a CEO would act on set.

"He's professional. Many people may think, ah, CEO, he will be hard to deal with but he isn't really that different from any other actors. He's very down to earth. He was very curious about the production on set. But really all I see is his dedication. There were a lot of improvised scenes from him which I really loved. It's what made The Secret Within this good. I would love to have another opportunity to work with him again"

"Which scene?" Phi Leo asked excitedly.

"There were many but 2 that really come off my mind at the moment. The bartending scene from episode 4, no one on set taught him that, that was all him! And the one I loved the most is in episode 6. Which will be airing tonight. I hope you all will love it as much as I do." Phi Jojo gushed.

"we're looking forward to it!" The interview ended on that note. Phi Leo was getting more curious by the day. He can't wait to interview the cast.

---

A/N: Originally I wanted to name the series hidden agenda but since it's different compared to the actual series I felt it might be too confusing for everyone so I renamed it. It's just an outline that I came up with but I never really develop it further than the few lines you see in this chapter and the next. 

what do you think of this interview? The interview of the cast will be out next. 😀😀

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊