12.

‼️TRIGGER WARNING‼️ THIS WILL EXPLAIN A PART OF WRENS BACKSTORY‼️

                                   Wren POV.

"It won't hurt Wren," Mike said. He lied. It always hurts, but he says it will help with my skating and being more flexible so I can get get my legs higher on skills.

"Okay," I meekly whisper. Daddy says I can trust Mike, Mike is his best friend so he only wants the best for me. Mike is my coach for figure skating but he also helps me with stretching and getting my strength up.

"I'm going to start with your ankles making sure they are all good." He says while taking off my grey uggs, then taking off my socks after that. He always starts with my ankles and then works his way up. In a few seconds he will try to make small talk to distract me from the upcoming part. I don't like that part.

   "So, how was your 9th birthday party Wrenny?" He asks me while circling my ankle one at a time. He came to my birthday party a week before, I didn't ask for him to come, daddy did.

  "It was good, I got the new skates I wanted and some practice wear!" I tell him all excited. Figure skating is my life, it kinda has to be with me wanting to go even further with my career. 
He finishes rolling my ankles, then moves up to my calves to massage them.

  "That's good, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself... did you like the bear I got you?" He asks while rubbing the bottom of my calf moving up.

   "Yeah... it was cute.." I say feeling the nerves setting in. I know what's to come and how it will feel, but he says it will help me with figure skating so I don't argue.

"Good.. it was very expensive but I will do anything for my Wrenny." He says my nickname with a big smile on his face. He moves his hands onto my thighs and parts them to stretch out some of my muscles.

My smile drops. Hopefully today it won't last long, I kinda just want to go home and play with my new toys.

  "Okay Wrenny, it's time... I need to stretch your inner muscles, we don't need them getting sore for next week's competition." He tells me while his eyes sparkle with excitement. I don't know why he gets so excited over this, it doesn't feel so good for me. He unzips his black jacket and places it on the chair next to him. Then he sweeps his hand through his mostly grey hair, I like to pick on him about it. His beard is almost the same color, almost all grey.

  I pull my sweatpants off leaving me in my purple shorts. I lean my head back looking at the ceiling trying to not pay attention to him. I'm just excited to get home and play with my new dolls.

"Thank you Wrenny," he says to me while slowing moving his hands towards my hips and-

I wake up panting and feel my dinner from a few hours ago start to climb up my throat. I close my eyes begging it to go back down. It does after a minute or two and my breathing slows with it. In and out. In and out. In and out Wren.

  I hate these nightmares. No, not nightmares, memories. I hate these kinds of nights where these horrible vile memories creep back into my head when I can't control it.

I feel a tear slip out as I look up to the ceiling trying to hold onto my sanity. These nightmares happen every once and a while, and sometimes it's bad enough to make me lay in bed for days. I hate it. I hate what he did, and how he wasn't even punished for it.

  A few more tears slip out and I quickly wipe them away. He doesn't deserve anything, especially my tears, I tell myself. But it's so hard. All I want to do is lay under my blanket and cry.