"Wait, wait! Veneer, that's too much!" Glancing towards Velvet for some sort of sensible agreement, you'd noticed she'd taken a cup of her own, filling the same flavour excessively high, "Velvet!"

After they'd paid for the exorbitant amount of froyo without batting an eye (easily the same expenses you'd spend on groceries), the three of you find a booth. With spoon in hand, you prod at the yoghurt. Velvet and Veneer watch you expectantly, leaning forward when you raise a small serving to your lips and eating it.

"So?" Veneer urges.

"Well? How is it?" Velvet adds.

When you swallow, you cover your hand over your mouth. Who knew that froyo would be the key to fixing every crack and leak in your life? The delicacy melts onto your tongue, doing your favourite flavour the justice it's always deserved. It's sweet— but not overly. The balance is impeccable. If you were on death row, ten servings of this would send you off happily, content and without complaint.

"Really good." You almost tear up, taking another bite, but larger this time, "Really, really good."

Slumping back into the booth smugly, the twins nod approvingly, "We know."

"Maybe I should resign and apply to work here." You laugh playfully, but yelp as both of your cups are stolen from you, "Hey! Give that back!"

"Apologise, then you can have them back, toots." Veneer holds both of the cups out of your reach, grinning devilishly.

Standing, you stretch your arm out for it back, "I was joking, I swear! Froyo doesn't pay as much as you do!"

"Oh! Is someone talking right now? " Velvet whistles, cupping her ears and comically listening for something.

"Not sure, Vels! Not hearing anything at all." Veneer hums, "But these cups of froyo look mad tasty..."

"Don't you dare! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please!" You beg, holding your hands together in prayer.

Smirking, Veneer places them down, "That's more like it."

Swiping the cups away from him protectively, you scoot further away from them, "That was uncivil."

Velvet laughs, relaxing her head against her palm, "As if we'd let you resign, anyway."

Snorting, you devour another spoonful of froyo, "Well I have to eventually. Y'know, boat fares have been really cheap lately? Oughta get them while they're on sale." 

"What?" Veneer frowns.

Velvet sits up straighter; any air of humour around her before quickly dissipating. Instead, a puzzled look had befallen her, "What do you mean, eventually? Boat fares?"

"Yeah! I'm sure I told you, Veneer... When I'd first been hired?" You hum thoughtfully, nibbling on your spoon.

You think back to that day. If you recall correctly, it'd been at Candy's Club. You'd opened up to Veneer, revealing your ambitions. In turn, Veneer had shown you, for the first time, a glimpse of his vulnerability. The twins were somewhat standoffish with you back, then. You remember feeling nervous beneath his judgement. But there was an undeniable difference between your relationship since then. Now, you could explain your aspirations without fear of being mocked. Maybe they'd even support your dreams?