chapter 16

Ozpin:I honestly don't care

I declared to Ozpin, my voice firm and resolute.

He nodded, taken aback by my request.

Ozpin:What do you need, Jaune?

Jaune:I want a chain and a knife

I replied without hesitation.

Ozpin raised an eyebrow, curious but cautious.

Ozpin : a chain and a knife? What do you plan to do with them?

A sly grin played on my lips as I envisioned the makeshift weapon taking shape in my hands.

Jaune:just say I need something to keep me on my toes.

The room fell into an anticipatory hush as Ozpin considered my unusual request. The students around us exchanged puzzled glances, unsure of what to make of this sudden demand.

Ozpin:Jaune, are you sure about this?

Ozpin inquired, his gaze searching mine for any sign of doubt.

I met his stare with unwavering determination.

Jaune:I'm sure. It's time for me to prove myself, and I'll do it my way.

Ozpin, sensing the resolve in my words, nodded once more.

Ozpin:Very well, Jaune. I'll arrange for the materials you need. But remember, this choice carries its own weight.

As the dialogue unfolded, the tension in the room lingered. The students, now spectators to a unique request, exchanged murmurs of curiosity and uncertainty. The atmosphere crackled with an unspoken understanding that Jaune Downfall's journey at Beacon Academy was bound to be unconventional, challenging, and perhaps, a spectacle in its own right.

The rest of the students were baffled by my unusual request. Cardin scoffed with disdain, remarking,

Cardin: look at Arc trying to show off again.

He's definitely going to die before the end of this year

Undeterred by his comments, I positioned myself on the launch pad. As it activated, the force sent me soaring through the air. I didn't bother with a parachute; instead, I surrounded my body with a protective layer of aura, allowing me to control my descent and land gracefully.

The onlookers exchanged bewildered glances, unsure of what to make of my unorthodox approach. Cardin continued to mutter under his breath, but the murmurs from the other students grew louder.

" Did he just... fly?" someone whispered.

" What kind of aura manipulation isthat

Another student pondered, trying to make sense of my unconventional landing.

I stood there, unfazed by the reactions around me. Once again, I had chosen a path that defied expectations, and the consequences were already echoing through Beacon Academy.

The atmosphere tensed as a pack of Beowolves, larger than usual, emerged from the shadows. With a menacing grin, I harnessed my bloodlust, drawing the Grimm toward me. The air crackled with anticipation as I stood there, armed with my chain dagger, ready for the impending clash.

The Beowolves, driven by instinct, lunged at me with ferocious growls. In a swift motion, I swung my chain dagger, slicing through the air and connecting with the first Grimm's neck. Aura-infused strikes cascaded, dispatching the creature with efficiency.

As the pack closed in, I moved with calculated precision, using the chain to entangle the limbs of the approaching Beowolves. Each strike was deliberate, exploiting their vulnerabilities. The battlefield echoed with the clinks of metal and the roars of the Grimm.