chapter 2

A year ago

The memories of Beacon Academy echoed in my mind, a time when shadows of betrayal cast long and deep. The corridors that once bustled with camaraderie now felt desolate as I walked, nursing both physical and emotional wounds.

Nora: Jaune, we can't trust you anymore. This is bigger than all of us. We're going to make our own way.

Ren's usually calm voice carried an unfamiliar coldness, and I stood there, wounded not only by the grimm in the forest but by the revelation of my fabricated transcripts.

Pyrrha, someone I admired and considered a friend, looked away, unable to meet my gaze.

Pyrrha:Jaune, you should have been honest with us. We can't stand by someone who lies about their abilities.

Their words, like a barrage of Grimm attacks, pierced through me. The revelation about my transcripts had shattered the fragile bonds of trust I had built. The beacon of friendship and teamwork, once guiding us through the darkness, now flickered in the cold winds of betrayal.

Ruby: Jaune, I thought we were a team. How could you deceive us like this?

Weiss, Blake, Yang-all of them, once allies in the face of the relentless grimm, now distanced themselves from me. The once vibrant halls of Beacon now echoed with hushed whispers and judgmental glances.

Cardin, whom I had saved from the clutches of the emerald forest's creatures, seized the opportunity to expose my secret to the entire school. His vindictive grin fueled the animosity that now surrounded me.

Cardin:He's nothing but a fraud! A weakling who faked his way into Beacon. We deserve better than someone who lies to get ahead!

The whispers grew louder, the weight of their collective judgment bearing down on me. Beacon, once a haven of dreams and aspirations, became a crucible of isolation and scorn.

Professor Ozpin, his gaze heavy with disappointment, spoke in a measured tone.

Ozpin:Jaune Arc, your actions have consequences. Deception has no place within the walls of Beacon.

My voice, once filled with determination and hope, now faltered as I tried to explain myself.

Jaune:I..... I just wanted to be a huntsman. I wanted to prove myself.

The truth, however sincere, couldn't mend the shattered trust. The academy, my fellow students, even the professors turned away, leaving me standing in the cold, harsh reality of my choices.

As the flashback unfolded, the wounds of betrayal and the isolation at Beacon resonated in the present.

The weight of their harsh words and disdainful glares lingered like a bitter aftertaste. The memories of Beacon Academy replayed in my mind like a haunting melody, each note resonating with the pain of betrayal.

Pyrrha: Jaune, we thought we knew you. How could you deceive us like this? You don't belong here.

Her words, once filled with warmth and camaraderie, now carried an icy edge. The pain in her eyes mirrored the fracture in our once unbreakable bond.

Nora: You were never one of us, Jaune. You don't have what it takes to be a real huntsman.

Ren's stoic expression held a new layer of disappointment, a silent accusation that cut deeper than any weapon.

Ruby: You lied to us, Jaune. How can we trust you again? You're not the leader we thought you were.

Even Ruby, the embodiment of youthful optimism, couldn't hide her disillusionment. The team that once stood united against the grimm had crumbled under the weight of my deception.