chapter 14

My First person view

Glynda, visibly relieved by Jaune's decision, eased the sternness in her gaze.

Glynda:Jaune, if you're willing to return, we can work on rebuilding trust and finding a way for you to integrate back into Beacon.

I raised an eyebrow, the shackles on my wrists clinking as I did so.

Jaune:Rebuilding trust? I never knew you had much trust in me to begin with. But fine, let's talk contracts. What do you want from me, and what do I get in return?

Ozpin, ever the mediator, stepped forward.

Ozpin:Jaune, returning to Beacon is a step, but we need assurances that your intentions align with the values of our institution. We're prepared to give you a chance, but it comes with certain conditions.

A sardonic smile played on my lips.

Jaune:Conditions? I'm all ears, Professor. Lay them out.

Glynda produced a document, the details of the contract meticulously outlined.

Glynda:Firstly, you will be placed under close observation for a probationary period. This includes regular check-ins with designated faculty members and counselors.

I chuckled.

Jaune:Check-ins? Are you trying to turn Beacon into a counseling office? But go on, what else?

Ozpin maintained his calm demeanor.

Ozpin:secondly, you will actively participate in classes and training sessions. We want you to reacquaint yourself with the academic and combat aspects of being a Huntsman.

I feigned surprise.

Jaune:Classes and training? How novel. I was starting to think I'd be signing up for a spa retreat. Anything else?

Glynda continued, undeterred by my sarcasm.

Glynda:Thirdly, you will not engage in any unauthorized missions or activities. Your actions will be closely monitored, and any deviation from the agreed-upon terms will have consequences.

I raised an eyebrow.

Jaune:onsequences? You do realize I don't respond well to threats, right?

Ozpin nodded.

Ozpin:Jaune, this is not about threats. It's about accountability. We want to give you a chance to prove that you can change, but there must be boundaries.

As the dialogue unfolded, the terms of the contract became a negotiated truce between conflicting ideals. Whether it was a genuine attempt at redemption or a strategic move to keep a potential threat in check, only time would reveal the true nature of this agreement.

I shifted my focus, the mention of my daughter bringing a solemn tone to the conversation.

Jaune:What about Crystal?

I inquired, my voice carrying a hint of concern.

Glynda sighed, her expression softening.

Glynda:Jaune, we understand the importance of your relationship with Crystal. While you're under probation, she will be allowed to stay with you, but there will be conditions.

A defensive edge crept into my tone.

Jaune:Conditions for Crystal? She's just a kid. What could you possibly impose on her?

Glynda explained

Glynda:Crystal will be enrolled in a specialized program here at Beacon. She will be under the care of our child development experts, receiving both education and emotional support.