chapter 12

Ashley's first person view

In a rush, I sprinted towards Jaune's condo, my heart pounding with a mix of concern and urgency. The blaring sound of Jaune's alarm echoed in the corridor, signaling trouble. As I reached the door, my mind raced with various scenarios, each one more alarming than the last.

Upon entering, the sight that greeted me was heart-wrenching – Crystal, tears streaming down her little face, looking lost and abandoned. It was a stark contrast to the lively and playful child I had come to know.

Hey there, sweetheart. What happened?" I knelt down to Crystal, my tone gentle yet filled with worry.

Crystal:Daddy... Daddy left me

Crystal whimpered, her distress palpable.

My heart sank at those words. Jaune willingly abandoning his daughter seemed inconceivable. I needed to get to the bottom of this, to understand what had unfolded in my absence.

Ashley:I'm here for you, Crystal. Can you tell me what happened?

I asked softly, hoping for some clarity.

Crystal, between sobs, revealed

Crystal: daddy got a call, and then he just... left. He didn't say anything. He didn't even look at me.

As I held Crystal close, a mixture of emotions swirled within me. Jaune's sudden disappearance didn't align with the Jaune I knew, the father who adored his daughter. I needed to find answers.

Ashley:We'll figure this out, Crystal. Your dad loves you, and there must be a reason for his actions. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

Holding Crystal in my arms, I felt a deep resolve to unravel the mystery and bring comfort to a distressed child who deserved nothing but love and reassurance.

Ashley:It's okay, Crystal. Your dad didn't abandon you, and he never will. Let's just say he got caught up with something big," I said, trying to offer comfort in the midst of uncertainty. "Why don't you spend some time with big sister Ashley instead? We can do something fun together.

Crystal looked up, her tear-stained eyes searching for reassurance.

Crystal:but what if Daddy doesn't come back?

I gently wiped away her tears and smiled,

Ashley:Daddy loves you more than anything, Crystal he's my daddy too. Sometimes, grown-ups have to deal with difficult things, but it doesn't change how much he cares about you. He'll find a way to come back to us. In the meantime, how about we make today special? We can do whatever you want.

Crystal hesitated for a moment before a small smile tugged at her lips.

Crystal:Can we make cookies?

Ashley:Absolutely! Big sister Ashley is a pro at making cookies. Let's head to the kitchen and create some delicious treats together

I  suggested, hoping to bring a sense of normalcy to the situation.

As we walked towards the kitchen, Crystal's hand in mine, I couldn't shake the concern for Jaune and the mystery surrounding his sudden departure. But in that moment, my focus was on being there for Crystal, providing comfort, and creating a positive experience amid the uncertainty that loomed over us.

With her fox ears and tails perking up, Crystal looked absolutely adorable. I couldn't resist the urge to hug her deeply, wrapping my arms around her petite frame.

Ashley:You know, little one,  daddy will come back soon. He loves you more than anything, and whatever he's dealing with, he'll find a way to return to us