chapter 6

In the hallowed quiet of Ozpin's office, the weight of recent revelations about Jaune bore down on the room. Ozpin, a figure of quiet contemplation, gazed out of the window as Glynda, standing by his side, observed the city below. The unspoken question lingered in the air—how to address the transformation of a former student into an assassin draped in shadows.

"Glynda," Ozpin began, his voice a measured cadence

Ozpin:Jaune was once a student under our guidance. To see him now, embroiled in this world of shadows, it raises questions about our responsibility, our influence on those we educate.

Glynda nodded, her expression reflecting a mix of concern and contemplation.

Glynda:Ozpin, the choices Jaune has made, the path he's chosen—it's a reflection of the complexities that extend beyond our control. Beacon can provide training, guidance, but the individual choices made by our students are ultimately their own.

Ozpin sighed, a quiet acknowledgment of the truth in Glynda's words.

Ozpin:True, Glynda. But as educators, as those entrusted with shaping young minds, should we not question if there was something more we could have done? Something that might have steered Jaune away from this dark path?

Glynda folded her arms, her gaze fixed on the cityscape below.

Glynda:We offer guidance, Ozpin. We provide the tools for our students to navigate the world. But the choices they make, especially when faced with the shadows, are theirs to bear.

The room fell into a contemplative silence, the distant hum of the city below seeming to underscore the weight of their conversation.

Ozpin:I can't help but wonder if there was a turning point, a moment we missed

Ozpin admitted, his gaze unfocused as if searching the past for answers.

Glynda turned to face him, her expression a mix of empathy and resolve.

Glynda:Ozpin, individuals, even students, are shaped by a myriad of influences—some within our reach, others beyond. Jaune's path, as difficult as it is to accept, may have been a convergence of factors beyond our control.

Ozpin nodded, the weight of responsibility etched into the lines of his features.

Ozpin:What do we do now, Glynda? How do we address the fact that one of our former students has become something we never anticipated?

Glynda took a moment before responding, her words measured.

Glynda:We must consider how to approach Jaune. Understand the reasons behind his choices. Perhaps there's a chance to guide him back onto a path that aligns with the principles we instilled at Beacon.

In the somber ambiance of Ozpin's office, the weight of recent events bore down on the two figures in quiet contemplation. The revelation that Jaune, a former student expelled from Beacon for faking transcripts, had descended into the shadows of the underworld left a lingering sense of responsibility in the air.

Ozpin sighed, the weight of hindsight pressing upon him.

Ozpin:Faking transcripts was a breach of trust, but did we consider the potential ramifications of severing that connection? Could we have done more to guide him back onto the right path, even after the expulsion?

Glynda crossed her arms, her expression a mix of reflection and understanding.

Glynda:Ozpin, we can't shoulder the blame entirely. Jaune had choices, and his decisions led him to this life. But it's natural to question whether there was a moment, a chance, where our influence could have steered him away from the shadows.