Opposites Attract Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

Minho looked up slowly at the younger's calm, intense eyes.

"Good job" Jisung murmured still in the same soft voice. "Now can you do something with me?" He asked, as he hesitantly took Minho's hand in his, grabbing onto it when he didn't face any problems from the older.

Minho nodded, looking hesitant.

"Okay" Jisung said. "Now, can you follow my breathing?" He asked, squeezing Minho's hand when he nodded shakily. "Good. Okay now, breathe with me. In-" Jisung took a deep breath in. "-and out" He let go of the breath he had been holding, smiling in encouragement when Minho managed to follow him.

"You're doing a great job, hyung" Jisung said soothingly. "Just a few more"

Jisung continued breathing in and out, finally stopping when Minho seemed to have calmed down enough to gently extract himself from the younger's grip.

"Better?" Jisung asked hesitantly, as he went back to where he was sitting. Minho nodded, still taking in deep breaths. "Yeah"

A few minutes passed by in thick silence, until Minho cleared his throat. "Umm..... thank you" He said, almost inaudibly, looking down as a faint red blush coated his cheeks.

"You're welcome" Jisung looked down too, feeling slightly embarrassed for absolutely no reason.

"And uh... sorry"

"For what?"

"For worrying you like that"

Jisung scoffed even as he knew how true the statement was. "Pfft. Me? Worry? About you? Did that panic attack of yours scramble your breathing as well as your brains?"

Minho just shot Jisung an unimpressed look, watching as the younger's cocky demeanour deflated. "Okay..... maybe I was a bit worried. But I'm also not that cruel to leave you here alone and suffering while you get a random panic attack so...." The younger trailed off as images of Minho's wide, panic stricken eyes and laboured breathing clouded his mind.

He lurched to reality when a soft yet calloused palm fell on the top of his hand. "This okay?" Minho asked softly.

Choosing not to answer, Jisung just nodded, enjoying the warmth of Minho's palm a little more than necessary.

"Can I ask you something?" Jisung asked hesitantly, after a little while.

"As long as it isn't anything related to my sexuality or love life" Minho joked.

Jisung sighed, shaking his head. A few hours with the older and he began to question how Felix, Hyunjin and Seungmin could tolerate the guy. Then again, he was good at his work. "Why did you get the.... the-"

"The sudden panic attack?" Minho completed Jisung hesitant trail off with a small, bitter smile.

The younger nodded. "If you're okay with sharing of course. I know that I'm not the ideal audience for what I'm guessing is some kind of a traumatic back story to your hero—" He paused, then shrugged and continued. "Or villain origin-" a soft chuckle made Jisung break off his ramble once again.

"Don't worry about that" Minho replied. "I don't mind sharing, even though you will probably use it to blackmail me in the near future. Definitely."

"C'mon dude" Jisung huffed. "I'm not that cruel"

Minho shrugged. "Lets agree to disagree on that matter"

"Fair enough"

"So..... my sob story" Minho sighed, looking up at the stars twinkling overhead. "God how do I start?" The older murmured. "Well," Minho started, looking like he was struggling to search for words. "Contrary to popular belief, soulmates have never struck me as a very dreamy, lovey-dovey concept. I mean, the couples around me always seemed perfect but.... when you have a broken family yourself, it doesn't take to long to look through other people's veils."