A Nuclear Romance

"Well" Hyunjin laughed, deeply amused as he watched Jisung's blood boil under the surface of his milky skin, ears red and lips pushed into a pout.

"I honestly find this very hilarious, but I also don't really think you can go against Mr. Park's words, so" Hyunjin drawled out his words in an annoyingly knowing way, shrugging when the preferred choice of words didn't come to the taller's tongue. "I guess your just gonna have to work with whom you've got" He finished lamely, pulling a frustrated groan out of the younger.

Jisung buried his face in his hands, thinking back to the events that had taken place throughout that day that had lead to this...... catastrophe!

"What have I done to deserve this God?!"
__________________

It was Monday morning and Jisung had entered the school in slightly better spirits than usual, but, of course, luck wasn't on his side as usual.

"Jisung!" A voice called from behind Jisung. The boy in concern looked up to see a girl— shorter than him, much to his pleasure— run up to him while managing a handful of files in her arms.

Finally, she panted to a stop in front of Jisung. "Jisung?" She asked again to crosscheck.

"Uh.... yes?" Jisung looked the girl up and down, a mane of dark curls, a noticeably short height and feet clad in slippers coming into view.

"Mr. Park is calling you" She said crisply, and speed walked away.

"Um..... okay?" Jisung questioned at her retreating back.

"Now!" The girl called over her shoulder.

"Coming!" Jisung yelled to no one in particular, since the girl was already out of view. Thrusting some books back into his already overflowing locker with difficulty, Jisung ran in the direction of the Chemistry Lab where he knew Mr. Park would probably be, sorting chemicals and arranging instruments as usual.

The doors of the Chemistry Lab were wide open, and as Jisung came to a stop in front of it, two voices could be heard distinctly from inside, along with the usual clatter of glass apparatus.

Quietly and nervously, Jisung tip toed into the Lab, looking around to spot his favourite teacher.

A white Lab coat came into Jisung's line of vision fairly quickly, followed by a head of dark, silky hair and round glasses.

"Mr. Park!" Jisung exclaimed on seeing him, a wide toothy smile breaking out on his face for the first time in days.

Mr. Park looked up. "Jisung!" He smiled. "Come in. Why are you standing at the doorway?"

Jisung obliged, walking over to where his Chemistry teacher was standing.

"Good morning Jisung" Mr. Park smiled, the smile lines around his eyes crinkling.

"Good morning sir. You called?"

"Yes yes I did. But not just you. I called another one of my beloved students as well. Let's just wait until he shows up."

"Okay sir" Jisung replied, wondering who this mystery guy was.

"Sorry I'm late sir, I overslept today morning" An irritatingly familiar voice said as footsteps were heard and a figure emerged from the doorway.