Lightning

Thump! Thump! Thump!

The rain drops hit the hood of the car like a giant foot stomping on it. The usually dull road was slick and shiny with tiny streams of water flowing along the slightly inclined tarmac. The view was beautiful, with the raindrops falling on the windscreen, making the rocky terrain look like it was a picture being taken through a blurry lens. Lightning flashed frequently, turning the dark night sky a brilliant purple and illuminating the usually unnoticeable clouds.

Minho and Jisung were on a road trip.

It was an abrupt decision, taken only because, for once, both Minho and Jisung had gotten a day off on the same day from both their jobs.

Jisung had been bored the entire morning, not even being satisfied by the more than usual amount of cuddles Minho had provided to him, and had instead taken to irritating the absolute crap out of the disgruntled older. Finally, not being able to stand a whiny Jisung, Minho had dragged the younger to their shared room, shoved him into the walk in closet and ordered him to get changed into comfortable clothes.

Only after about a million pleads and questions and begs and whines did Minho finally tell Jisung what they were doing.

"Buckle up. We're going on a road trip"

Jisung was hopping up and down in the front seat of the car, excited beyong measure. His wide, doe eyes sparkled as he gazed at the rain drops pattering on the car hood through the sun roof in awe.

"Wow" He whispered, his admiration breaking as he heard Minho let out a low chuckle from his side.

"I wasn't expecting it to rain" The older said, as his right hand rotated the steering wheel expertly, left hand resting on Jisung's thigh. "But it does look pretty, doesn't it?" He turned to Jisung, stealing a glance at the eagerly nodding younger, a small smirk resting on his face.

"It does!" Jisung exclaimed, fishing out his phone and taking as many pictures as he could of the wet landscape.

They drove on for a little while more, the ride mostly silent, punctuated only by the sound of raindrops thumping. Lightning flashed and from the corner of his eye Minho saw Jisung struggling to capture the brief flash through the dozens of pictures he was taking in hopes of the same.

"Damn it!"

Minho chuckled. "What happened?" He asked, even though he knew what was up.

"This damned lightning!" Jisung burst out furiously.

Minho laughed, unable to keep a straight face when he saw the (cutely) riled up younger.

Minho glanced behind him for a second before rotating the steering wheel counter clockwise. Jisung suddenly felt the car slow down.

"Wait... are we stopping?" The younger asked confused as he watched Minho continue to back up.

"Yup"

"Bathroom break?" Jisung asked shamelessly and Minho sighed.

"No Hannie. Not a bathroom break, in the middle of the wilderness of all places."

Jisung shrugged. "Well- Woah! Where the actual fuck are you going?!" He exclaimed, quickly changing topic on seeing Minho snatch the younger's phone out of his hands, open his seatbelt and step out into the rain. "You just said no bathroom breaks!" He yelped, about to take off his seat belt as well.

"Your staying in the car, Ji" Minho quickly stopped him as he slammed the door and walked away.

"What the-" He's not gonna throw my phone of a bridge will he??? Jisung panicked, the scared voice in his head seeming louder than ever in the abruptly silenced car. For a hot minute, Jisung thought of disobeying Minho and going after him but the jumpscare he got by another flash of lightning and boom of thunder discouraged him surprisingly easily.