CHAPTER 21: SET UP

Tom said, "Rain."

I stormed past him, making him run down the stairs to follow me.

I said, "let's go Baylie."

I hurried out the door, wanting to get away from Tom. I'm upset. I'm hurt. I'm embarrassed. I mean if I know Tara, she has this all over her social media, Facebook, Instagram, twitter, and so have her friends. I know that his mom is right I need to let him explain, and also, I know that I should be grateful that he is safe, and not drugged, but still why didn't he push her away. Maybe he did. It just hurts. Seeing them in that picture hurts, makes me jealous. Reminds me that he slept with her for two years. That they have had way more sex than Tom and I.  I guess it's my own fault. I probably made him so miserable snapping at him, and being a bitch.

Tom was saying, "Madison Maddie come on, please."

I unlocked the door, and Baylie and I went in, and right as Tom caught up to me, I slammed the door in his face. I know that I have no right to do that, this is his house, and I didn't mean to, but I can't help it. I'm hurt. Why didn't he push her away. How could he let her kiss him?

Tom opened the door. He said, "Madison."

I hurried into the bedroom. I didn't slam that door. But then I hurried into the bathroom.

Tom was following me, the whole time saying, "Madison will you just let me explain."

I came out of the bathroom, running into him, as he was headed in. He reached out to grab me to catch me from falling from the impact of running into him.

I was crying. He removed his hands from around my shoulders. And stepped back.

Tom ran his hands through his hair. 

Tom said, "I take it you know what happened at the party ."

I said, "What happened Tom? You mean the part where my husband is kissing Tara of all people, the girl who tormented me and hated me, that Tara, also the same Tara that you F----- for two years."

Shit, I can't believe I said that, no didn't say it, shouted that at him. The look on his face, I know it hurt him.

Tom said, "Madison, I get you are upset, I get you are hurt, and I'm sorry. But  will you listen to me and let me explain, and I can explain, and you are wrong. I wasn't kissing her. I didn't kiss her."

I screamed, "but you let her kiss you and hug you and you didn't push her away."

Just then Emma called me.

I said, "I need to take this call."

Tom said, "No you don't. Emma can wait."

I said, "No you can wait. I'd like some privacy Hanson."

He gave me a look, but then said, "Fine" and stormed out slamming the bedroom door. Making me cry more.

Tom's view:

Dammit. How could I be so stupid. Madison is hurt. And I don't blame her. How the hell did she find out this fast. It just happened. I was going to tell her. Wasn't sure how to go about it. But I knew I had to tell her. Damn Tara. And Molly is so upset and hurt. I messed up big time. I have to fix this. I have to get her to calm down enough to let me explain.

I said, "Emma."

She said, "I'm sorry to bother you. I just talked to not only Mike, but also your friend Ashley and she told me what happened. It's not what it looked like it's not as bad as it looks. Ashley was there, she saw the whole thing. She called me, she said she didn't know whether she should call you first thing, because she knew that you would be talking to Tom."