CHAPTER 18: MAKING UP

I said, "Tommy I didn't mean the bad things I said about you." I burst out into tears.

Tom said, "Baby I'm so sorry. I was such a jerk and an asshole to you, and you were right to call me that. I'm so sorry. Please tell me that you forgive me. Please Madison, I will do whatever I need to do to fix this. Just tell me. I know words hurt, and leave scars, and I'm so sorry Madison."

He shocked me, because he got down on his knee, and held out his hand. He said, "Madison I will do whatever for you to forgive me. I'm so sorry."

I said, "Tom get up please." I took his hand.

I hugged him, crying on his shoulder. I said, "I was a bitch to you, you were right to call me on it."

Tom had his head in my neck, and I could tell he was crying, because I could feel his tears slide down my neck, getting my hair wet also.

Tom said, "Madison, I didn't mean it. I just was hurt. I am sorry. I was angry because when I went over to Mike's he is like a shell of a man. He looks destroyed. He looks broken, like he has given up. He was so upset, saying all this stuff, that he thinks she did it on purpose, because she was threatened, he was saying his life is over if she has the baby, and then I didn't go to the house because I didn't want to say something mean to Emma, since I was still upset for Mike, and then I wanted a hug from you, and you didn't hug me, or even greet me, I didn't even get a kiss, you just started in on me about Mike, almost making me feel like you were mad at me, like I did something, and that hurt me. I didn't mean the stuff I said Madison."

I said, "I didn't mean it either. I was just hurt. I'm so sorry. I was so upset, and mad at Mike, and her mom. I let that get me so upset. I'm sorry that I started in on you."

Tom said, "it just upset me that I feel like you forgot that we agreed to not let our friends relationship hurt us. I know and respect that you have her back, but it's like you didn't see that I have Mike's. But I should never have called you a bitch. Madison I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. The minute I said it I wanted to take it back, and I was going to apologize, and then you walked out."

I cried. Tom said, "Baby please tell me what I need to do. I'll do anything you want."

I said, "Tom I love you so much. I'm sorry. You are right. I have to remember that you are going to have Mike's back. I just got upset, and hurt, and scared, because you were so angry at Emma. Tom she didn't do this on purpose. I get it if Mike thinks that but he is wrong. Emma is so upset, and she's alone, her mom is being so mean to her, because she doesn't agree with Emma on this. I was so upset and mad at myself that I left. I was so mad at myself that I said those bad things, you are the sweetest man to me, you are such a wonderful husband, and I was afraid that I ruined things, and you would go get drunk and not know what you were doing. And it would be my fault."

I burst out into tears on his shoulder.

Tom said, "Madison baby don't cry. Please don't cry. It hurts me to know I'm the reason for your tears."

He wiped my tears.

Tom said, "Madison I will never go get drunk after a fight with you. I hope we never fight. The minute you left, I turned into a baby. Crying because I thought I messed everything up. You are the sweetest girl, the best wife a guy could have, and I made you cry, and I was scared that you left me, and I picked up my phone and dialed my dad's number, didn't hit send, but I needed my dad to tell me that it was going to be okay, and he could help me fix this, get you back. Madison I love you so much. I can't lose you."

I said, "I love you Tommy." I kissed him.

Tom said, "Madison can we go home?"

Just then Emma came into the kitchen. She said, "oh sorry, I didn't realize. I'll go back to your room."