CHAPTER 8: SLEEPOVERS

It's October now. Molly wanted me to take her to look at Halloween costumes. She's not sure what she wants to be this year, so Emma is coming this weekend, and we are going to take the girls to the mall.

Tom's team started off great,  and won their first 3 games big.  The last 2 games we lost big. But the road trips have been fun.

Tom got permission from the coach to let me travel with the team.  I had already talked to Margaret about the away games before I brought it up to Tom. To see if she was planning on going to all his games and taking the girls or was, she just going to watch on tv. I didn't want to just watch him on tv.  Well Tom overheard that conversation, and he told me I absolutely would not travel alone, he would get permission to have me travel with them.

But Margaret said that the girls wanted to go to all his games, and she wanted to go to, and so she would take care of the hotel and I could stay in with them, since I could not stay in with Tom.

The first road trip Tom pouted because I was staying in with the girls and Tom's mom, and Tom had his roommate, his backup QB.  The guys were teasing him, and Ryan was the backup to Tom, and when we were sitting at the airport waiting for our flight to take off, he said, "Madison, I hope that you aren't going to be wanting to beat me up."  

I looked at him.  So did Tom.  We were sitting there, and Tom was holding my hand, having our hands resting on my leg.

Tom said, "And why would my wife be wanting to beat you up"

He said, "I just don't want her being jealous and all. I mean since we will be sharing a room."  I laughed.

He held his hands up in defense, and said, "I promise to stay on my bed and keep my eyes off of your hubby."  We all laughed.

Tom whispered in my ear, "I don't know why you can't stay in with me; I promised the coach that we wouldn't."

I said, "Tom because we've been over this, it's not fair to the other guys."

Tom said, "The other guys aren't married Madison. There is a difference between girlfriend's and wives."

I said, "Tom it's only one night."

He said, "I know but I feel like I'm being punished again, and you are sent to your own room. I can't sleep without you baby."

I said, "My poor baby" I laughed.

Tom said, "Damn, I see that you aren't all that sad and broken up about it. I mean we are married baby, and this is going to be our first night apart. "

I said, 'Tom, I will miss you. I probably won't be able to sleep either."

Tom said, "Can I call you. I need to hear your voice."  

I fell asleep on the plane on Tom's shoulder.  We checked in, and then the guys had a team meeting, and so Margaret and the girls and I went to eat.  The players had their meals in the banquet room where their meetings were.  At about 9 Tom called me.  He said, "hey I'm so sorry it's so late. How are you?"

I said, "I'm fine.  We had a nice dinner, and then walked around the hotel. Now we are in our jammies."

Tom said, "you're killing me, Maddie. You're in my favorite nightie" I laughed. So did he.

I said, "No Tom. I'm wearing one of your shirts, and your sweats."  He laughed. 

He said, "oh. Well Mrs. Hanson, do you think I could come see you and get a goodnight kiss and hug from you, or are you too tired."

I said, "I want that kiss and hug."

Tom came and then he pouted when I made him leave. He said he wasn't sure he could survive. Not holding me.