CHAPTER 17: OUR FIRST BIG FIGHT

Trigger warning.  The next few chapters will deal with an unplanned pregnancy. I debated about writing this, but I decided to put it in the story, because of a few problems it will cause now and in their future.  If this part upsets, you I apologize.

 Tom and I were over at the big house, playing a video game with the girls. Well Tom and Mia are playing each other. Tom is letting Molly help him, and I am watching him.

We decided that we should start to make a new family tradition during Christmas. We would have a pizza, snack food, desserts, ice cream sundaes and game night.

Molly is having so much fun, and she's so fun to watch. I really think that this was a good idea.

I had thought of it, and asked Tom if he thought it would be okay to ask his mom.

We had a great Christmas, but also it was bittersweet, because Tom's dad wasn't here with us. We missed him so much. There was just a sadness and emptiness in the house. Margaret loved the idea, and it's turned out well.

Still not sure what is up with Mike and Emma. They seem to be not getting along. Emma didn't want to talk about it, and she still hasn't been over and hasn't had much time to talk to me when I called her, so that is a little disappointing. I thought we could hang out. She promised me that she would spend more time with me she just has some things to do first. I invited her to come for our game night, but she said that she was sorry she couldn't.

After the games, we watched a movie, and Molly fell asleep, so Tom put her to bed.

We were sitting downstairs with Mia, and Margaret, when the doorbell rang. Tom looked at the Ring app and saw that it was Emma.

He said, "it's Emma.  I'll get it."

Tom went to the door.  He opened it. 

 Emma said, " Tom, can I talk to Madison."

Tom said, "Sure."   

He was caught off guard because Emma was crying.

Tom said, "um just a minute. I'll go get her."

Tom came into the living room. Tom said, "Rain can you come here please. It's Emma, she's uh crying."  I went to the door.

Emma hurried to me, crying.  I hugged her.  I said, "Emma, let's go upstairs."

We went upstairs to my old room.

She said, "I'm sorry to ruin your game night."

I said, "it's fine, you didn't ruin it, it's over with anyway, Molly fell asleep, we were just watching tv. Did you and Mike have a fight?"

She said, "more than that."  

She was crying.  I hugged her. Giving her time to tell me when she was ready.

She said, "Madison I'm so scared. I don't know what to do. I'm so scared. I can't believe this is happening, and instead of him helping me, supporting me, he is furious with me, I've never seen him so mad."

I said, "Emma, what happened."

Tom texted me. "Madison sorry to bother you, but could you please come outside in the hall."

I said, "Emma, I'm going to go get you some tissues. I'll be right back."

I shut the door and met Tom.

Tom said, "Did she tell you what happened with her and Mike?"

I said, "No she's crying so hard, she's unable to talk, but she said she's scared, and he's furious."