Part I Chapter 1

It only takes a moment to get to know each other

A year ago

Christian

My obsession is getting stronger every fucking day. From the moment, I saw green eyes that were filled with tears, I began to lose control. I wanted to know everything about her. I wanted to own her, to be the only one in her life.

Maybe it is not healthy. I agree. Nevertheless, I never claimed the title of "adequate of the year." I saw her so beautiful that it astounded me. I dream about these green eyes every night, which makes me go crazy because I cannot get what I want so badly. I always get what I want.

She will be mine. I will do everything so that she is physically in my arms and in my bed, just as she is present in the form of a ghost in my subconscious every day and every night.

She is in grief. She needs time to recover. I will give her time and show up when I think she is ready for me. In the meantime, I will become her shadow.

I will be everywhere, but at the same time nowhere. I see her, I hear her voice, but she does not see me. A beautiful creature in the form of a woman has bewitched me and I am ready to fall into her spell and stay there forever.

Our days

Vivien

©

I know, very well know, that I look quite beautiful in the eyes of others, but a weapon under a dress gives me more confidence than information about my appearance. I stood in my room on the thirty-fifth floor in the heart of Manhattan and looked at myself in the mirror. I straightened my hair and applied makeup. After my older sister died last year, I still could not accept the loss. Memories of this take over my own life every day. Every minute with every breathing in and out. It was still very painful. At twenty-six years old, I had to become something I never wanted to be.

"She should have taken this place..." I said to myself in a whisper, peering into my reflection.

It seemed that enough time had already passed to accept the present and my fate. Yes, I would have a lot of money and influence over many people, but the power that was going into my hands was quite scary. The power that passes to me from my sister and the trust from my father is the power over life and death.

I wore a silky black dress with a slit along the thigh, a fairly open back and thin straps. To finish, I chose a sparkling gold pendant that swung on my back as I walked and added sophistication to the look. I pulled my long brown wavy hair up and pinned it with a small hairpin. The collected hair further emphasized the flawlessness of the neck and collarbones. The green eyes were raised and shaded, the usual smokeyeye, but the look of a cunning cat could not be disguised with makeup. I got these eyes from my mother. Mindful of where I was going and whom I was meeting with in the evening, I took my trusty Beretta M9 and mounted it high on my hip.

Despite the fact that I was usually accompanied by security, I trusted myself and my gun more.

Having painted my lips and made the final preparations, I left my apartment; which was an island of safety for me. Closing the apartment door, I quickly glanced at the two guards who were already waiting for me in the hallway, a long and well-lit hallway that led to a private elevator. Compared to two healthy men, I looked quite tiny, but no less dangerous than them.

Having gone down to the parking lot, we headed straight to the huge black armored vehicles, which were already honking and waiting for us.

Opening the door of the last car, I saw my father, who was already waiting nervously tapping his foot. My father was a very handsome man for his age, attractive, tall, with good manners and a cold heart. Italian roots added a little warmth to his feelings and attitude towards his own daughter.