Chapter 133: An Issue of Trust

Start from the beginning

What I will say, is that you, are Aria Celestial Lord. The daughter of Svern and Layla Lord. While all your life it may have seemed as a burden, it is the very same that will save you. Your mother and father were great warriors, and I know in return you are also.

Continue being yourself, it is not a sin. Believe in yourself and your allies. Follow your heart, and I know you will succeed.

"Is.. this it?" Aria asks after reading it

"Yes," Wu nods "I'm afraid it doesn't tell you much does it?"

"It does.." Aria smiles and looks up at Wu "Sensei, I know what I want to do."

"What is it?" Wu asks

Suddenly, they hear Cyrus Borg over the radio "Come in! Can anyone hear me?"

"Professor Borg?" P.I.X.A.L picks up the radio

"P.I.X.A.L.! Oh, thank goodness! The Crystal Island is heading your way! The Overlord knows your location!" Cyrus shouts

The ninja all gasp.

"How?" Aria asks

"I don't know, but he's moving his entire army into position!" Cyrus replies

"We have to get these people out of here!" Kai panics

"How?" Cole questions "The streets are crawling with those crystal creatures!"

"But our powers are useless against the Overlord and his army." Nya says

"Yours, perhaps. But not mine." Garmadon states "While he's attacking you, I will attack the Overlord from behind."

"Alone," Wu shakes his head "even you, are no match for the Overlord."

"He won't be alone." Aria says "I'm going with him."

"You have not yet mastered your Oni Form." Garmadon turns to her "You would be of little help."

"That is my father, and my husband he is possessing." Aria responds with a dark tone "I wasn't asking for permission."

"Well, I'm coming too!" Reika declares grabbing Aria's arm

"Yeah! Don't think we're staying behind." Kai adds

"I'm afraid you must." Wu says, looking at Kai "For this to succeed, the Overlord's attention must be focused on this warehouse. We must draw his eye, while Aria and Garmadon strike from behind."

"No, I wanna go too!" Reika argues "Their's no way in hell I'm letting Aria go with him!"

"I'll be fine Reika," Aria takes her hand "but, an extra hand wouldn't be a bad idea."

"I agree," Wu nods "We will put our faith in you three." he looks at Aria "I believe in you, Aria."

"Thank you Master," Aria smiles

On the ground, the council and Crystal Warriors arrive at the warehouse, while Aria, Garmadon, and Reika make their way towards the Crystal Island.

"They all seem to trust you blindly," Garmadon comments

"I'm this Empire's princess, and their sister." Aria replies "They know they can."

"They don't trust me," Garmadon grumbles

"Trust is earned, not given." Reika tells him "You lost ours a long time ago."

Garmadon turns to Aria "Do you trust me?"

"I.. think I trust you." Aria responds

"You think? Or you know?" Garmadon asks

"I think I know." Aria says

"You think you know, or you know you think? Because those are two very different-"

"Can we please, for the sake of all Ninjago, discuss this after we defeat the Overlord?" Aria sighs "Garmadon.. you use to be my Sensei.. I want to trust you. But after what you did, you have to regain what you've lost."

Aria puts her hood up as they approached the Crystal Island, Reika putting her mask up. Garmadon transforms into his Oni form and they press on. Atop the Crystal Island, Harumi approaches the Overlord.

"The battle has begun." Harumi tells him

"Good. Inform me when it's-" The Overlord is stopped mid sentence, being attacked by Garmadon.

"You started without me!" Aria shouts as she made her way onto the platform.

"Whore!" Reika shouts in agreement as she jumped onto the platform, beside Aria.

"Language!" Garmadon and the Overlord shout at her

"See, even my father agrees." Aria comments

"Garmadon." the Overlord turns to him "You have chosen to fight with the ninja?"

"Yes, that's why I just attacked you." Garmadon replies as he turned to the girls, pointing at him "Is this guy stupid?"

The Overlord growls "Then, perish with them!"