Chapter 42: The Forgotten Pair

The girls arrived outside Chen's base as Chen finished stealing his daughter's power.

"Shit, we're late," Reika curses

"Now now dear," Aria says. "The main characters always arrive late."

"Do we have a plan?" Reika asks

"Brute force," Aria replies

"That's not a plan!" Reika shouts

"Do you have a better plan?" Aria asks, looking at her

".. good point, my dear," Reika chuckles

They look back as Chen faces Lloyd.

"And now for the final Element. Only one can remain!" Chen steals Lloyd's Energy "Behold! Every Elemental Power, all in my control! Do you feel the power? I do! For all of you who bear the mark of the Anacondrai, it is time. We will shed our skins for new ones and be the most powerful force in all of Ninjago!"

"Lloyd.." Aria clenches her fist."No way in hell is he getting away with that."

"Hm," Reika looked in and waved to Kai, who was looking up at them.

Kai looks back at Chen. "Hey Chen! I think you forgot something."

"What are you talking about?" Chen laughs."I haven't forgotten anything."

The glass shatters above them, and Chen shouts. Reika and Aria jump down, landing in front of them.

"There you are your highness," Chen turns to her with an evil grin

"Hey, I'm here too!" Reika shouts

"Eh," Chen shrugs

"You little-"

Aria puts her arm in front of Reika as she stares down Chen.

"Are you prepared to do your part?" Chen asks."As promised?"

"Sorry Chen, but our agreement ends here," Aria smirks. "You see, I had my fingers crossed."

"I don't require much from you," Chen aims his staff at her. "I have ways around it!"

Reika stands in front of Aria as a beam shoots out of his staff and hits her.

"Reika!" Aria shouts

"Damn you!" Chen curses

"Hehe," Reika laughs. "Nothing from you to steal from me!"

"Now!" Kai shouts

Skylor kicks Chen's staff away.

"You betray me!?" Chen yells furiously

Kai catches it and uses it to give Lloyd his energy back.

"Hurry, Kai. You must destroy the staff, " Lloyd instructs

The cultists charge at Kai, who uses the staff.

"Chen was right. This thing's awesome, " Kai says as he uses it against cultists

Lloyd became worried. "Kai, it holds too much power! Destroy it! The power is corrupting him. If we don't get that  out of his hands—"

"No one is taking my staff! You had all that power. Now it's my turn!" Kai goes back to normal."Ah, what am I saying?" He gets corrupted again."Nothing I don't already feel! I can't... I can't control it. I don't want to control it! I should've been the Green Ninja"

Cole flies in with the jet knocking the staff out of Kai's hands.

"Did anyone order some kung pao?" Cole questions

Kai and Chen raced for the staff, but Aria grabbed it, and it exploded.

"No!" Chen shouts as everyone's powers are returned

"God damn," Reika runs up to Aria. "You're so strong you can't even hold it."

"Trust me," Aria turns to her. "If Chen tried to take my powers, the same thing would've happened."

Reika hugs her. "You're so cool, wifey!"

All 5 of the Ninja reunite and gathered into formation. "Ninja, go!" Using Spinjitzu, they defeat the cultists.

"It always brings tears to my eyes when I see the old gang back together," Nya comments happily

Garmadon notices Clouse and Chen escape. The Masters trapped some Cultists and led them outside. Aria rushed up and hugged Zane tightly.

"It's good to see you too," Zane hugs her as well. "My sister."

"I'm so happy you're alive," Aria told him, finally letting out the tears she was holding in.

"Don't cry," Zane smiles "oh I know what would make you happy."

Zane turns on his funny switch, making everyone laugh, including Aria, who wipes away her tears.

"Hello, my baby. Hello, my honey. Hello, my ragtime gal. Send me a kiss by the wirrrre"

Reika started laughing loudly as well, she leaned on Aria for support.

"I told you," Aria giggles "my brother's the best."