Chapter 34: The Sorcerer Gorgias; The Start of a Strange Friendship

Soldeen lunges at Reika, Aria runs through the water and creates an earth wall in front of them.

"Soldeen" Aria speaks as she puts down the wall "Their's truly no reason to fight. You once were the tribe leader of the town of Dor. For years you've been guarding the gem, but you no longer need to. The Overlord is long gone, as his daughter I have no wish to keep you captive."

"I do as my ruler tells me" Soldeen replies

"The Overlord no longer rules this land, I do." Aria tells him "I only wish for the fans to be returned. If i can lessen your burden I truly want to."

"Hm" Soldeen closes his eyes and opens them after a bit "Alright, you may climb aboard and I will take you to what you seek"

"This seems a bit too easy" Reika mutters

Reika helps Aria onto Soldeen's back and he takes her to the center of the lake where the rock in the strange shape of a person sat. In the 'hands' of the rock sat a gem and a pair of broken fans. Aria reached out and picked up her fans.

"Is that what you came here for?" Soldeen asks

"Yeah" Aria replies

"Take the gem as well." Soldeen tells her

"Are you sure?" Aria asks

"In doing so you will free me from this burden.." Soldeen tells her "as you promised"

Aria nods before picking up the gem then climbs back onto his back. Soldeen begins swimming back to Reika. Suddenly a bolt of power struck Soldeen, he and Aria went flying into the lake.

"Aria!" Reika runs into the lake towards her

Aria stands up and looks at her "I'm ok."

They hear laughing and in the middle of the lake appeared a man in a cloak.

"Oh what now?!" Reika complains

Aria  stares at the man "that's the Sorcerer Gorgias"

"Soldeen you were truly worthless" the sorcerer looks at the unconscious monster fish "I'll have to properly punish you later"

"The Sorcerer Gorgias is protected by a magical barrier" Aria tells Reika "and the only way to defeat him is by making him shed a single drop of blood"

"Oh yeah, that should be easy" Reika replies sarcastically

"Now about you pests" Gorgias turns to the girls "I sensed that some intruders were in my territory but I didn't think you were actually stupid enough to enter."

"Oh yeah, certified." Aria tells him and Reika hides a laugh

Reika shoots an arrow from her crossbow and it bounces right off the barrier.

"how cute" Gorgias chuckles

"Damn," Reika turns to Aria "I was cock blocked by his barrier."

"Tough," Aria nods "he must not get any dick."

"I can hear you two you know!" Gorgias shouts at them "How vulgar!"

The girls stick their tongues out at him.

"You're just jealous I got a wife and you don't." Reika says wrapping her arms around Aria

"Must be sad" Aria agrees

"What?!" Gorgias looks annoyed "I'm going to kill you both!"

Gorgias raises his hand and the barrier opened as his spell went off. Reika took the chance to shoot another arrow, as the arrow neared the sorcerer, Gorgias quickly pulled his hand down catching the arrow. Aria quickly pulls Reika into her chest as she uses her powers to block the spell.

"Y-you, how dare you!" Gorgias shouts

"Did I get him?" Reika asks as Aria lets go of her, Reika looks at her disappointed "Aw i was comfortable."

"Not now," Aria faces her towards the sorcerer

"Now you've really upset me!" Gorgias raises his arm up "I was thinking of letting you live.. but now.. their's no way!"

Aria went in front of Reika as the spell went off, a dagger flew into the opening and hit Gorgias's hand. 

The sorcerer screamed as he was covered in black magic "No! My brother Hazz.. I failed you.." his form twisted and changed until he was transformed into a dead tree.

All around them magic surged and the darkness was slowly lifted, transforming the lake into a beautiful grassy field with flowers. All of the fish in the lake turned into people, as well as Soldeen. The human shaped rock in the center of the Lake cracked and turned into a beautiful women.

Soldeen and the women ran to each other and hugged. The people all around also hugged each other, families were reunited and many cried.

"An area stained in darkness by the Overlord.." Aria looks around "It was purified."

"But how?" Reika looks confused as well before looking at Aria "You're an elemental of darkness, you can't purify things.."

"Perhaps, it's a sign," Aria smiles "that i'm doing the right thing after all."

Soldeen and the women approach the girls.

"I am Dean, the tribe leader of these people" Soldeen reintroduces himself "and this is my wife Sora, we can't thank you enough for freeing us" he holds out the broken fans to Aria "But I believe you want this?"

"My fans, yes." Aria happily takes them from him

The fans shine brightly as they transform into newly looking fans, one white and one black.

"The Yin and Yang fans," Sora says looking amazed "I've never seen them shine so brightly for someone other then our princess."

"Yes, that's me," Aria tells her

Sora smiles happily "It seems you have found your light."

"I have," Aria replies

Reika and Dean look at each other confused and shrug.

"Oh, the gem!" Aria takes the gem out of her pocket

"Keep it," Dean tells her

"But," Aria looks confused "It's your treasure."

"It's not," Sora shakes her head "It's yours, as the rightful heir to this place, you'll see one day it will be useful to you."

"I don't understand yet," Aria smiles "but thank you."

-

After finally achieving their goal the girls finally started heading back home.

"So, do you like me more now?" Aria asks Reika "Can you consider me your sister?"

"Aria, I never hated you," Reika turns to her "I said I didn't want you to be my sister cause I want you as my wife damn it!"

"I'm sorry," Aria chuckles "I already have someone I like,"

"Damn.." Reika thinks before speaking again "What about, my hypothetical wife?"

"Yeah alright," Aria laughs "I'll be your hypothetical wife."

"Yes!" Reika fist bumps the air "Let's get home wifey!"

"Yes yes," Aria giggles "Let's get home, wifey."