Chapter 111: Shintaro

"I don't like this," Kai says

The ninja, Wu, and Misako turn to look at him as they walked through the halls of the royal palace.

"I mean, this is the lady that cast away her daughter cause she was afraid of her destroying the world," Kai explains "we've taken care of Aria all these years and we're now about to meet her. I mean, a thanks was in order a long time ago."

"I do not think that's what we're here for Kai," Zane tells him

Kai crosses his arms.

"Though," Zane continues "I understand your feelings, I dislike her as well. However, Aria is our sister and she has decided to rekindle the bond with her mother, our Empress. We must be on our best behavior."

"Zane's right Kai," Jay agrees "we can hate what she's done, but we can give her a chance."

"Like Sensei always says," Cole adds "We cannot change the past, but we can improve for the future."

"Ah, well said," Wu says

"Right," Lloyd agrees "Besides I've been around Empress Layla lately. She seems to be trying, but it's hard to change her entire mindset in just a few months."

Kai sighs "Fine."

"You all must remember," Misako speaks up "once upon a time she was my friend, no matter how she has changed."

The ninja arrived at the doors of the main hall where Reika and Hanabusa stood waiting for them. Reika waves to them before going back to standing up straight when Hanabusa gives her a look.

"This is the first time we've seen you in uniform sis," Nya comments "How come your uniforms are different than the royal guards?"

"Our uniforms were chosen by her highness the crown princess," Hanabusa replies "It's to show that we are her knights."

"Yeah, they're white to stand out among the other guards." Reika smiles "To show we are special."

"Special in the head maybe," Lloyd mutters "complete psychos."

"We heard that," Hanabusa comments as he goes to open the big doors "thank you."

"The ninja are here!" Reika accounces

The ninja walk into the great hall to see Layla sitting on the throne with her head rested on her fist. The royal guards stood around the room as Hanabusa and Reika entered behind the ninja, closing the door, before walking with them to stand in front of the Empress.

"Greetings your majesty," Lloyd speaks up "I have brought all the ninja here as you requested."

"Thank you Lloyd," Layla says as she lifts her head

"Where's Aria?" Lloyd asks

"She was getting fitted for her wedding dress," Layla replies "She should be here shortly. I will summon you and the ninja another time to be fitted for your tux's."

"Yes, thank you." Lloyd smiles

Kaname soon opens the door and bows "Princess Aria."

"