Chapter 108: Stop, Drop and Side Scroll

The Red Visors are searching Terra Technica for Aria, Reika, Lloyd, Nya, and Jay. Lloyd signals them to move along but stops when they look at a monitor showing Kai and Cole crashing during the Speedway Five-Billion race and turning into cubes.

"Our friends wouldn't want us to give up. We have to keep going" Lloyd says

Jay nods "We'll find a way. Somehow. We're going to find them, and bring them all back"

"...they do know being ninja means being quiet right?" Reika whispers to Aria, who shrugs in response.

"We need to make use of our time," Nya focuses the group "Hanabusa and Zero can't keep the red visors busy forever."

They walk in front of a red Arcade Pod with flames on its screen.

Lloyd stands next to Aria "It looks a little...intense"

Unagami's logo appears on the screen.

"That's because we're getting close to the end of the game," Aria tells him

Jay presses a button on the Arcade Pod, causing it to open. Aria goes through first with Lloyd, Nya, and Jay following. They enter Terra Domina and see a floating temple from above.

"Holy cow!" Jay shouts "Unagami's Temple of Madness"

"I'd go mad too if I lived here," Nya says

"But aren't we all a little mad?" Reika questions

They walk through an entrance and see many levitating platforms.

"We should head back. Let's go about the dangers, and come back with a plan" Lloyd turns around, and the platform that they are standing on glitches "Did you guys feel that?"

"Feel what?" Jay questions

"I don't know. I thought I felt something" Lloyd says

The platform disappears and they land on one that looks like the rest. The Ninja look behind them and see the Unagami logo. The platform they are on starts to disappear, so they quickly jump onto another platform.

Lloyd panics "W-what's happening?" they jump onto another platform "Where's that music coming from?"

"Music with a lot of base never means anything good," Aria says

"We've entered the world of old-school platform games!" Jay shouts

They jump onto another platform.

"oh come on, those games force you to run towards chaos" Aria complains

"Eh, technically side-scroll toward chaos" Jay comments

"Is this really a time for a lesson?!" Reika panics "Move!"

They jump onto a platform.

"There's rules to these games. One: You can't go backward" Aria says as they jump on another platform "Two: Everything speeds up the further you go!"

Reika, Aria, Jay, and Lloyd jump on another platform. Nya runs off the one she is on and nearly falls, but is caught by Reika who pulls her up.

"Three: All of the obstacles are pre-programmed, so if you learn the timing, you can evade the danger" Jay continues

Aria points to an enemy ahead, they jump over the enemy. They jump on multiple platforms

"But the most important thing to know is: If you die, we have to start over at the beginning!" Aria finishes sounding annoyed

"Wait, what do you mean we start-OOF!" Nya gets hit by a giant spiked mallet

She falls off the platform and loses a life. They are transported to the start of the level. Nya and Reika are left with 1 life, while Lloyd, Aria, and Jay still have 2.