28 | The One

Mulai dari awal

"What will you do? Oh, I forgot you can't do anything." The one sitting on the rocks mocked, the others laughed.

Suddenly a sense of familiarity seeped in and panic arose in Alphard's chest.

This entire set up and their surroundings were familiar to the ones from his nightmares. The one where he saw Luna being tortured.

Though she'd assured him that nobody will touch her in that way except for him, he couldn't help himself at the moment.

"Oh, he can do many things, it's just that you don't know what he's capable of." Luna scoffed.

Alphard understood she was encouraging him while pretending to mock those men.

She'd noticed his disturbed expression. That warmed his heart. He, never in his life had thought that someone would understand him like how Luna did.

"Give her a silver shot," Came the order from the 'leader'.

"What about her mate, sir?"

"He already has some injected, we'll see when we feel the presence of his beast."

The man in front of Luna briefly went into the cave and returned with an injection in hand. He neared Luna, the second he stepped close to her arm, she bent her head down and took the syringe between her teeth.

She then swiftly pierced the needle in his neck and pressed with her head, thus the contents of the syringe ended up in the man's veins instead of hers.

However, the improper way of using an injection had wounded the man badly, thus he fell to the ground unable to tolerate the pain as blood trickled down from the vein beside his throat.

"No!" Another of the men around them yelled and ran to the one Luna had just hurt. "Brother!"

They've sentiments? Luna frowned.

"Stop crying over him and take him to the hospital immediately if you want him to survive. That in the syringe wasn't silver as you heard your 'boss' say." Luna said, looking uninterested.

The other man immediately carried his brother and ran in the direction of the city.

"Smart. I didn't think you'd notice." The 'boss' said. Luna rolled her eyes.

"You want me to think you're stupid enough to inject silver into my system knowing I can't transform in this state?" She scoffed.

"What're you talking about, Luna?" Alphard asked.

"That was copper." She briefly glanced at Alphard. "He wanted to poison me just like he poisoned aunt Camille years ago to get into her mind. Unfortunately for him, she escaped."

"What about the 'you can't transform in this state' part?" Alphard frowned in confusion.

"Boys! Aim at her belly." The 'quick witted' villian yelled and a shifter immediately pointed a gun at Luna. "One of you will speak. Tell me about the Wolverales boy," He glanced at Alphard. "If not you'll lose your child along with its mother."

Shifter females don't transform during gestation, remember? Luna thought. Realisation dawned on Alphard.

Luna smirked. The man had fallen in her trap!

He was the one who thought Luna was conceived.

"Now you know who's behind this mask, or do I still have to say it out loud?" Luna sneered once again.

"You betrayer! How could you!?" Alphard yelled. The wolves understood it too and Will was snarling more than the others.

But the 'boss' didn't understand what they'd understood. Luna noticed his frantic behaviour.