Chapter 24 - Dean Punches Zander

**** Dean's Point of View - One Week Later ****

Dean was making his way across campus through the crowded courtyard when his phone dinged with a text. It was from Berkley.

'Hey, can we meet up for dinner later? There's something important I need to talk to you about.'

He was just about to text her back when he heard a familiar voice.

He looked up to see Zander standing there in his coast guard uniform, with a bunch of other guys wearing the same thing. They were all talking loud and laughing, but Zander's voice was the loudest and most obnoxious of all. Just hearing it was like nails on a chalkboard, making Dean clench his teeth together..

Zander looked over and noticed Dean standing there and a slight smile appeared on his face before he turned back to his friends and announced loudly, "Yeah, you guys should've heard how loud Berkley was screaming last night when I was pounding into her. I'm surprised nobody called the police, cause it sounded like she was being murdered," he laughed. "Oh Zander! You're the best I've ever had!" he shouted loudly, as he tilted his head back and closed his eyes, moaning and imitating the sounds she made as his friends busted out laughing.

Dean's eyes narrowed as his hands tightened into fists at his sides, making his knuckles crack. This time he had gone too far and there was no way he was gonna let him get away with disrespecting Berkley like that. He stalked towards him, dropping his backpack onto the ground, ready to kick his ass.

With a smug expression Zander looked over at him and asked, "Yes? Can I help you with something?"

"You had sex with Berkley?" Dean asked forcefully, before shoving him in the chest.

"Whoa there buddy. Calm down," Zander laughed, looking over at his friends with a cocky smile before looking back at Dean, saying, "Sorry man. I'm not one to kiss and tell."

"Why? Because you're too much of a gentleman?" Dean scoffed. "We both know that's bullshit, so tell me the fucking truth! DID YOU HAVE SEX WITH BERKLEY?!" he shouted, feeling his anger rising.

Zander didn't act scared or intimidated at all, which pissed Dean off even more. He had no idea who he was messing with, but if he kept this up he was about to find out.

Zander gave him a hint of a smile and shrugged, "Yeah, I did. What's it to you anyway? It's not like she's your girlfriend. She's free to fuck whoever the hell she wants."

"What's it to me?" Dean repeated with raised eyebrows, shocked at the audacity of this prick. "How about I let my fucking fist explain it to you?!" he asked through gritted teeth, raising his clenched fist up in front of Zander's nose.

"Yeah right," Zander laughed, looking around at his friends with an arrogant confidence, like he thought they were gonna protect him. He walked up and got close to Dean's face before saying quietly, "Look, we both know you're only mad because she said I'm the best she's ever had. Hearing that's gotta sting, knowing the only other man she's ever been with was you," he said with a smug smile, laughing. "The funny thing is, she didn't even crack my top ten. Honestly, it was pretty fucking forgettable."

That was it. He had heard enough. Without hesitation, Dean swung his fist forward, connecting it with the side of Zander's jaw, making him stagger sideways and almost fall down. He stood up straight, holding the side of his face and blinking with wide eyes, looking surprised.

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM ASSHOLE?!" he shouted. "You can't just go around hitting people like some sort of neanderthal caveman!"

"NOBODY disrespects Berkley in front of me and gets away with it," Dean growled, glaring at him. "ESPECIALLY not an arrogant fucking prick like you that doesn't deserve to even breathe the same air as her. I don't know what the hell she sees in you."