n a r r a t i v e (part four)

content warning: child abuse

part 4

"They'll deliver the gifts here? Tomorrow?" she asks after a while. She's seated on the sofa, lazily browsing through the catalogues of movies while he's moving about the kitchen preparing their drinks. Martini, for herself. And scotch whiskey, for him.

"Yes. We'll need to rearrange the library to accommodate all the instruments. Unless you want to take them home with you?"

They've already dressed down. Kai's wearing the dark grey night wear she bought from Miami while she made herself comfortable in one of his plain white shirts, again.

She loves wearing his clothes. He does too. She feels it in the way his eyes follow the shape of her body and linger especially in the places where the shirt fails to cover her.

"Hmm. Let's see muna how it will look putting the instruments here. Yung 'di kakasya, I'll bring home with me. But the guitar though, iuuwi ko sa 'min. I wanna be able to use it for my songs."

Kai nods but doesn't answer.

She turns off the TV and gives up looking for a movie to watch. Instead, her attention skids back to the looming figure across the suite, now making way toward her, two glasses in hand.

He gives the cocktail to her, drops his own on the center table, and settles on the spade beside her. The pillows make a dip when he reclines his back, his right arm extending sideward to keep her close, his left leg crossing over the other.

Faintly, she can feel his fingers make tentative brushes on the skin of her arm.

Milly grins, swirling the glass.

She loves it when he does that. Take his territory and claim it for himself. His tall and ripped body almost occupying half of the sofa or any space everytime.

She thinks it's incredibly sexy. Loves how he can still make her feel vulnerable and safe at the same time. Dominated. Secured. Taken care of.

Taking a few sips of the martini, she puts it back down and sidles up to him. In half a second, he's already gathering her in his arms, and it almost feels like second nature to lay her head on top of his chest.

She loves doing that too.

Hearing his heart beat under his skin.

Feeling him breath under her palms.

Craving for his warmth, and his spicy scent, and the feel of his body next to hers.

But she's not the only one. Because she knows how Kai enjoys having any kind of physical connection with her too. How his arms are always seeking her the same way her palms are always seeking the familiar and comforting warmth and texture of his skin. It's an addiction she's willingly succumbing to. Like her own magic drug.

"You know... you forgot to tell me something too," she says in a thoughtful voice. Kai's playing with the strands of her hair.

"Ano?"

"I told you my meaning of eleven. I was hoping to know yours. Why you didn't like it that much when it's your birthday naman. You told me you'll tell me. 'Di pa rin ba pwede?"

"It's not that I don't want you to know," he answers. "Ayoko lang sirain ang araw mo."

Milly blinks. "It's that awful? Na you think it will ruin my day if I find out about it?"

"No. But you care too much. Anything I say will upset you kahit mababaw lang naman."

She can't refute that because he's probably right.