n a r r a t i v e 💋

Part 1

The skies are overcast when she comes out to greet him. His car's already parked in front of the gates, a steady noise in the quiet neighborhood. It's still early in the morning, just an hour past sunrise when his text informed her of his arrival.

He's been driving since midnight. She told him it was too early, but he insisted to be here before she woke up.

She did get to sleep the night before but she made sure to set an alarm so she won't miss his arrival.

She's been waiting for him since.

The engine soon shuts off, and Kai climbs out of the car, sporting a beige long sleeves, dark trousers, and black sneakers. A surprising deviation from his usual black get-ups.

A smile curls at the corner of her lips at how wickedly good he looks so early in the morning, and she's about to walk closer to him to greet him when he crosses the distance himself and gathers her into his arms. A light press of his mouth against her temple sends a warm flush of butterflies to her chest.

Milly buries her nose to the curve of his neck, inhaling his familiar scent. He's wearing a different one now, compared to the last time they were together. It's the cool, magnetic scent of Bleu de Chanel, her favorite perfume of his.

"I missed you," she murmurs against his skin. His embrace around her waist tightens and presses her even closer to his chest.

"Gising ka na o gising pa?"

"Gising na. I slept early last night because you said so. How's the drive?"

"Boring. Couldn't come here fast enough."

She grins and pulls away just enough to catch a glimpse of his expression. There's a soft, easy smile dancing on his face as he looks back at her.

Gods. Ever so handsome.

"Wala sina Tita right now. She went out to meet some friends. You haven't had breakfast yet, 'di ba? Let's eat together."

His brows shoot up into an arch. "'Di ka pa kumakain?"

"I was waiting for you."

He chuckles and runs a thumb across her cheek before nodding. Her chest skids again.

"Sige. I'll make our breakfast. Will your tita mind if I use her kitchen?"

Milly looks at him, half incredulous, half amused. That's a sight to see. Kai getting busy in her tita's place. So domestic, the comment forms in her head, but she files it away.

"Silly," she says with a laugh. "What makes you think I'll let you cook after long hours of driving? I can make eggs and fried rice just fine, thank you very much. I can do basic stuff like that."

He's smirking now. "Really. Show me."

She rolls her eyes, but her smile's widening. "Arrogant ass. I really can. I know how to feed myself kahit papano."

It's true. Ollie's mother taught her after she found out she's still hiring their personal chefs to prepare her meals back in college. Between then and now, she's learned to prepare more basic food to sustain herself, but they're nothing too fancy like what he can make.

"Go on then, chef. Show me what you got. I'll be watching you."

He wasn't kidding when he said that. Milly can feel his eyes following her every movement when she starts moving around, like his attention's a brand getting emblazoned on her skin.

He's quietly standing at the sides, arms crossed as he leans against the wall. He's not saying much, but that wicked, distracting smirk shows how much he's enjoying this.