n a r r a t i v e (part one)

skeletal draft. this is supposed to be reserved for the exclusives but I wanna be able to edit this easily kasi i wanna add more details here later when i can. mahirap kasi sa blog so dito na muna. may typos and errors pa here. apologies in advance.

part 1

Milly glances up at the unlit ferris wheel and turns back to him in confusion. Kai's pressing the remote key fob and double checks if the car's securely locked.

"Kai? They're closed na. Why did you bring us to Mystic pa?"

He places the remote in his pocket and takes her hand. "Nasa loob yung pupuntahan natin."

"Which is?"

"Yung venue."

"Venue? You rented a venue here? Why, did you invite other people?"

Kai watches the surprise and confusion on her face and smiles. "Just us. Let's go."

"Why not a restaurant na lang in Manila?" she says as he pulls her along with him.

He gives her hand a light squeeze. "You'll see."

Hands intertwined, he leads them past the guards and the main lobby all the way to the themed garden where different rides and attractions are strategically placed.

Milly's gaze wander around. She can't remember the last time she's been here and fascinatingly, it's also the first time she's seen the park way beyond working hours.

"Gusto mo bang sumakay?" Kai asks, slowing down, after he notices how her eyes linger a bit too long on the rollercoaster. "I can ask. Pwede naman."

"Not really. I'm not that fond of amusement parks," she says. "I just can't believe they let us come in pa."

The bigger attractions are no longer operational and some of the rides further along the park are already closed and in the dark.

But the rest of the lamps and some of the pathways are still lined by brightly-lit colorful lanterns that extended to various directions leading to different sides of the park, giving the surroundings an ethereal glow.

Even better, the magical garden at the heart of Mystic has been kept alive, ever so vibrant and mystical against the dark, that she wonders how Kai managed to make this possible

Her puzzled thoughts must have leaked onto her expression because Kai takes a look at her and smiles again.

"Wala akong ginastos dito. They offered initially to let us use all the rides for two hours for free. But they want you to be their brand ambassador for a year. I said no. I'm not going to ask you to work."

"How do you even know the management of Mystic? Your family's connections?"

"Oo. Kliyente namin. We're helping them construct a private property in Batangas. I inquired for the rate of the venue hall but they gave it for free. Magbabayad naman talaga ako."

"For free? Strange. Sa current state ng mundo natin now, nothing's ever free anymore. Laging may kapalit."

"They're your fans, that's why."

Milly hums. "Then we should thank them. I'll do a free PR for Mystic after siguro." She adds, "Why did you want their venue though? Marami naman sa Manila?"

Kai doesn't answer anymore.

And after he opens the doors and takes her inside the function hall, she understands why.

He rented not just a venue hall but a theater hall.

Easily, she can see the table full of gifts on one end of the stage, and the three other instruments on the other.