n a r r a t i v e (part two)

part two

Milly is already out, waiting, when his car stops at the entrance. She quickly climbs into the passenger seat.

He does a double take when he registers what she's wearing. Loose white t-shirt, the front of which is tucked in her denim cut-off shorts. She's usually in her boots, but she ditched that for a simple white sneakers.

It's the first time he's seen her this casual and laidback in public.

"Kanina ka pa?" he asks as he pulls out of the driveway and onto the road.

"Not really. We ate lunch outside. I didn't go up na, para 'di hassle," she answers, fishing her phone out to answer a text message.

"With your friends?"

"Ran and Neve, yes."

"Influencers, like you?"

A light tugging at the corner of her lips softens her face. "No, they're private people. Master—that's Ran—we call her that—she's somewhat known on social media. But Neve, most especially, is a very private person. Surprising nga that she's dating that guy, who's like, the media's favorite snack."

"Sino?"

"Lorenzo Vallejo. Do you know him? Their family's pretty up the ladder."

"Who won't know him? The only heir."

"Right? Impossible not to hear their names when we're more or less in the same circle of society."

Kai remembers the party and a certain guy. How she smiled at him, as if they share a secret, and kept texting all night.

He frowns.

"He's the friend of the other one."

"Who?"

"What's his name. Ah, your Isaiah," he says loosely, but the sarcasm slips through his tone.

The weight of her stare makes him uncomfortable. He can see her smirking from his peripheral view.

"You remembered what I told you and Kuya Evan. That they're friends."

"I don't forget easily."

"Right, you said that before. Love it when you're jealous, babe," Milly teases, chuckling, her dainty hands running up and down her arms.

He turns to her and reaches for the AC to set the temperature higher.

"My jacket's at the back. Use it if you're cold."

Again. She's staring at his face.

Only to smile that damning smile.

Kai turns to her briefly, enough to catch it dancing on her lips. As soon as he returns his attention back on the road, the soft warm curve of her mouth presses a kiss to his cheek, and he takes a quick breath to wave off the rush of heat flushing in his chest.

"So attentive," she says, looking over to the back to find his jacket.

A second later and she's wearing it. A black windbreaker that hangs quite loosely around her slim frame. With one hand, she gathers her multicolored hair and pulls it up into a messy ponytail, exposing her neck where he just recently left his mark. Now concealed with makeup.

He tightens the grip on the wheel, the memory from Thursday night resurfacing in his mind.

She looks good in his clothes, but even more when she's under him, soft, pliant, and—

Dammit.

She's starting to rub off on him.

Kai cranks the volume of the radio up to drown out the disturbing images in his head.