9 | his love, his pain

"Mohabbat kabhi khatam nahi hoti, badh jaati hai;
ya sukoon ban kar, ya dard ban kar."
_________________________________________________

The shimmering tension in the air intensified ten fold as the handsome hunk slowly made his way towards her. She felt as if someone had squeezed life outta her. Her legs trembling.

She felt as if the world around her spinned. The way this man, in front of him looked at her made a sort of warmth spread through her chest. Warming her insides. Tingling.

"W- wha- Are you crazy?" She stammered. Breathless.

A breathless chuckle was all he could let out as his heart thudded inside him. It was as if it wanted to be set free, to run to it's owner.

"You have no idea, Benazir." His eyes were the definition of passion, raw passion. Intensity in them intensified the nervous churning of her stomach.

His eyes were screaming, trying to make her understand the sufferings of his heart. They were baring themselves to her, baring the man, his heart to her. The way his eyes didn't leave her face for even a second, the way he read through every emotion crossing her features, the way he drank her in as if the parched man. As if she's his oasis.

You have no idea, love. You can never think how crazy my heart is going without you. You have no idea how I am losing my mind and heart, both to you, both for you.

"Listen you mister." She got a grip on her thoughts as she decided to intimidate the already intimidating man.

Zaviyar's heart soared as he looked at his beauty trying to be all brave and scary. She'd even deepened her voice to scare him. Cute. He looked at her, amused.

"Always." He smiled.

Benazir felt her heart miss a beat as she understood the meaning behind his rough whisper, loud enough for her to hear. It was as if he's been telling her something secretive.

Heat crawled up its way to the base of her neck, raising the colour of her cheeks. She cleared her throat, not wanting to give him any sign of the way her heart fluttered.

"You can not just come here unannounced and ask me to marry you." She grumbled.

Zaviyar chuckled. "I can and I will. Until you give in."

Benazir groaned. Not another man, God.

"Why do you even want to marry me? I am a nobody to you. Neither I know you nor you know me. We're basically strangers with capital S." She reasoned out.

Zaviyar sighed. He couldn't answer the question. He can not just tell her that he'd been in love with her for god knows how he fell and why. All he knew was that he couldn't, can not and never function without her. It was getting hard for him to breathe in, every second was painful for him knowing that a fucking bastard has been after her since God knows how long.

"And I am ALREADY getting married." He felt as if she'd just crushed his heart with a flick of her fingers.

His turned the darker shade of blue, the turmoils of emotions swirling in them nowhere to be found. The part of his heart died there, the moment she said the words with finality. As if she knew what was going inside his heart and decided to put a painful stop on it.