1| the unimaginable

"Maybe the moon is beautiful only because it is far."
- Mahmoud Darwish
____________________________

Zehnaseeb! Zehnaseeb!
tujhe chahoon betahasha zehnaseeb

Tere sang beete harr lamhe pe humko naaz hai
Tere sang jo na beete uss pe aitraaz hai

Iss qadar hum dono ka milna
Ek raaz hai

Hua ameer, dil gareeb
tujhe chahoon betahasha zehnaseeb

The melodious voice of Chinmayi Sripaada soothed her ears as she sat quietly, eyes closed. Her mind singing the lyrics as she hummed softly along the music.

The softness her features carried at the moment made her look even more younger than she already was. Her long slender fingers drummed against the half opened book.

"Tujhe chahoon betahasha Zehnaseeb." The sudden shrill voice popped her little bubble as she opened her eyes revealing a pool of dark blazing black irises that resembled more like the dark clouds of hell.

Her eyes lost the spark, the shine as she looked up to the source of her annoyance.

"Allah Allah! Don't look at me like that. I just happen to sing better than you could ever do." The woman chirped up.

Benazir's eyes slanted just a fraction, enough to indicate that she wasn't in the mood to handle her bitchy behaviour.

Ignoring her she turned away a little sideways, her pazeb clad ankle capturing all her attention.

She slowly feathered the ornament with the pad of her index and middle finger, slowly fumbling with the ghungroo of it.

"Finally! Chuppi saadhna tou aa gaya kam se kam." The woman again whispered loud enough for her to hear.

Benazir's head swirled around, the softness her expression had morphed into that of pure rage and her eyes held a glint. Everything about her screamed trouble at the moment.

Her dark eyes contrasted into the dark thunderous clouds, a storm rising beneath it.

"Watch what you speak Naila!" She hissed. Her voice dropped to lower octave.

The other woman just blinked her eyes. It was as clear as day that Benazir despised her but the woman was so adamant on getting into her skin.

"Oh shut it Benazir! You and I-" she wriggled her fingers in between them. "We both know that you are helpless."

She had a smug look. The evil glint dancing in her eyes.

Benazir clenched her fist tightly, the song long forgotten.

"You know what? Get the hell out of here!!" She gritted her teeth.

Naila's smile widened. The girl had everything in control, she knew it but what she didn't knew was that her plan was going to backfire at her.

"Kab tak khud ko paak daman rakhogi bibi ? Bi jaan ne aaj tou tumhein halal karne ka poora poora plan banaya hai." She chirped out causing Benazir to glare at her.

Her insides turned jittery. She'd always known that one day she would've to give in. It wasn't in her control.

She was already indebted to Bi jaan and the fact that she would throw a fight, an argument at her already churns her insides. The woman is a motherly figure to her except the fact that she had always taught her about ways to seduce men.