MRS SALLY'S CLASS

Nesta opened the door to the Class. Everyone one stopped what they were doing and turned to look at them. Nesta walked boldly to her seat. She was seated at the first row on the second column. Lavender also took her seat behind her. "New girls", Collins whispered to Richie. "Yeah I know. Our prom have never been better. We have new chicks to go with", Richie replied.

"Good morning Class", A young woman said as she entered. She was dressed in a purple blouse and a black jeans. "Good morning miss Sally", The whole class replied. "Hope everyone is good. Today we're going to learn a new topic. But before that we have new class mates. Class this is Nesta and Lavender. They're new here and I want everyone to be nice to them.", she said.

"Okay so that's all, let's move on to today's lesson. We're going to talk about the solar system. I hope you all have a fair idea what that is. Last week we looked at the first two planets that is the Mercury and Venus. Today we'll be looking at the remaining planets. Before that Jenny, can you tell me a little more about the planet Venus as we discussed last week?", Miss Sally asked. "Yes miss Sally. So Venus is basically the second planet from the sun. We also learnt that it is very bright and it is Also known as the Earth's twin", Jenny said. "That's very good, jenny", Miss Sally replied . "Now who can tell me one or two things about Earth. I know we haven't treated it but that's where we all live so you should have a fair idea. Yes who'll try?", The whole class raised their hands ready to be called. "How about you Nesta", Miss Sally said. Nesta got up slowly from her desk. The other girls started to giggle. "What's she going to say", They whispered among themselves. Nesta got up and spoke loud and clear,"The Earth is 147,441,180 km away from the sun . It is the third planet from the Sun and the only astronomical object known to harbor life. This is enabled by Earth being a water world, the only one in the Solar System sustaining liquid surface water. Almost all of Earth's water is contained in its global ocean, covering 70.8% of Earth's crust. The remaining 29.2% of Earth's crust is land, most of which is located in the form of continental landmasses within one hemisphere, Earth's land......", she paused for a second and realized everyone was looking at her with their jaws dropping. "What's wrong?", She asked.

Miss Sally closed the book and walked forward.  "Who are you?.No what are you?. You just said every detail this book couldn't even provide. That's amazing Nesta. You're very intelligent. I don't even think you deserve to be in this class. I need to talk to the principal immediately!", She said as she run out.
Nesta felt shy as she sat down. Everyone was looking at her.

It was break time and Nesta was sitting on the lovers bench with Lavender. "That was amazing Nesta, how does all that brain fit in your head?", She asked. "They seem just fine", Nesta replied. "I've always loved to explore a lot. That's how come I know all that. What I do really like is reading".

Richie and his friends were sitting behind them. "That girl is really cool", Mike said. "I know right, she's just the girl I like. I'll get her", Richie replied. "You sure will man . How can a girl reject you. I mean look at you", Tyler also said. Richie got up and headed for where they were sitting. Tyler and Mike followed. Richie cleared his throat as he got to them. "Hello there ladies. I am Richie. You might not know me buh....." , Nesta cut him off before he could finish. "I'm sorry mister Richie or whatever please we need to get to class", Nesta said as she dragged Lavender along.
"What did you do that for?", Lavender asked. "We just had the hottest boy in the school approach us and you let us just leave?". "Really Lavender, was that what you only saw?. Those people are no good. They'll just waste your time. We need to get to class"

"Man, I can't believe that girl snubbed you. Does she not know who you are?", Mike asked. "Chill buddy. I know what girls like this only want. All I need to do is to just get her something small. She'll fall for me with ease", He said as he snapped his fingers. "Yeahhh that's my cashmedal. You rule man. Now let's get to class before Miss Sally starts to freak out again".

*Welcome back from the break class. For your project work I'm going to group you into five groups, each consisting of four members. Your work is to discuss the characteristics of the remaining planets and other bodies such as meteorites, comets and asteroids. So I'll start with group one. The group leader is John and your members are, Ken, Ben, Mercy and Freda. That's for group one. Group two we have Ernest to be the leader and your members are Tyler, Mike and Thelma. The third group we have Priscilla being the group leader and members are Cindy, Martha, and Manuel. The fourth group we have Julia being the leader and members are Enoch, Precious and Jessica. Finally we have group five consisting of Richie, Lavender, Miriam and finally Nesta. Your leader obviously will be Nesta. I want you all to get yourself together and come up with the right solutions. Have a nice day", She said as she exited the class.

"That's a pretty nice group we have out there. Miss Sally made a right choice for pairing you an I in one group. I'm sure we'll really get along", Richie said. "I'm hoping to see that", Nesta replied as she turned to go. Richie held her hand stopping her from moving. Nesta turned and looked him. "Listen Mr. Richard Coman, the only relationship I have with you now is the project work. We have nothing else. Now let me go!", All the class stopped talking and looked at them . "Listen girl. I want you to be my girlfriend. I'll give you whatever you want ", Richie said. "You must be kidding", Nesta said as she stopped Richie's grip. "What do you want Nesta?, is it money?, here have it!", Richie said as he threw bundles of cash on her. Nesta looked in horror as the monies flew around her. And without thinking twice, she slapped Richie right in the face. "What do you think I am?. Some goods that you can just buy off!!??", she yelled. Everyone looked on in horror

Thanks for reading 🙏 hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to vote for the story, comment and  also a follow will be much appreciated 😊
NB: The most comment after every five chapters will be acknowledge in the next chapter