Speaking of Crimp...

Looking over the duo's heads, you notice the passenger seat's actually empty, "Where's Crimp?"

"Hm? Oh, she's in the closet." Murmurs Velvet, as if it were any other day, all the while scrolling through her phone.

"Do you... throw her in there a lot?"

"Only when she's annoying."

"Which is all the time." Veneer adds, lips upturned in blatant distaste.

Laughing nervously, you shrug, "And that's not, like... illegal? Or anything?" Of course it is, you weren't even sure why you asked.

Velvet's eyes snap towards you, crossing her legs, "Is that an issue, dolly?" She speaks sweetly, yet with bite.

"No! Nope. Definitely not. No issue here."

"That's what I like to hear!" Velvet nods, satisfied, "Crimp could learn a thing or two from you, dolly."

It hadn't taken long to reach your destination; Boombox Theatre. The car had taken an alleyway road, that way paparazzi and hyperactive fans alike couldn't bombard and block the car. Arriving at the venue's back entrance, you're surprised by the excessive amount of security and personel. A crew member opens the limousine door, greeting Velvet and Veneer happily.

"Welcome! We're so glad to have you back for another show! It's an honour." They beam, holding out a hand to balance the superstars' step out of the car.

"Well, you know us! Anything for the fans." Velvet boasts, holding her head high as she waves to the employees. They squeal in response, fluttering their hands back.

You make your own way out, as they clearly wouldn't offer a hand to you, and wander towards the trunk. Opening it, you sigh in relief at the undamaged goods. Managing to haul everything into your arms, you waddle inside, somehow not dropping a thing. It's loud and overwhelming; the reverberating bass from soundcheck hurting your ears. Other crew members rush past you, not batting an eye as they scream haphazardly to fix this and that. Nevertheless, you push past everything and everyone, finding Velvet and Veneer's assigned dressing room.

"Alright, people! Hurry, hurry! We're running behind schedule, with just two hours 'till showtime!" The stage manager, you assume, calls out.

Impressing yourself, you open the door with just a pinky finger. Cheering silently, you nudge it open even further with your bottom. Placing everything onto the vanity, you sort through your cosmetics and appliances. Not long after that, Velvet and Veneer meander in; now with many letters, pictures and flowers in hand.

"Toots, take care of these, will ya?" Veneer throws everything carelessly onto the sofa. You watch, appalled at the mess you were now in charge of cleaning. Taking a long breather in, and out, you smile.

"Who would like to be done first?"

Shoving Veneer aside playfully with her hip, "Hey!" Velvet skips over and struts onto the elevated dressing podium.

"Me, first." She lifts her arms up expectantly.

Tilting your head, puzzled, you frown, "Velvet?"