Chapter X: My Resolve! [PART I]

Start from the beginning

"From what I've learned in the year that I've been in Fairy Tail," said Y/N, as he looked towards all the members who were standing looking back at him with a smile, "One person's happiness is everyone's happiness, One's anger is everyone's anger and one's tears will make everyone cry. There is no need to feel guilt-ridden. You are home; we're with you through the highs and lows. This is what it means to be in Fairy Tail," Y/N moved closer towards Lucy, as did the rest of the members, including Levy, who was now rubbing Lucy's back, a few tears forming around her eyes as well.

"Lucy," Makarov said with a smile. Lucy turned towards the guild master, trying to hold her tears back. "Our hearts have surely heard you. Lift your head high! You are a member of Fairy Tail, and you are not alone."

Lucy could not hold her tears back as she lifted her head to show tears falling down her face.

"Yes, Master Makarov!" Lucy exclaimed with pride but still crying. 

"Don't cry, Lu, you'll make all of us cry," Levy said with a smile as she hugged Lucy while rubbing her back.

"Stupid, stop thinking about stupid things," said a teary-eyed Erza as she hugged Lucy, as did Mira and Cana.

~A WEEK LATER~
FAIRY TAIL CONSTRUCTION SITE OF THE NEW HEADQUARTERS

~LUCY's POV~

Calmness finally returned to us a week after our battle with the Phantom Guild. 

The Rune Knights, the council's army, had come, and we were taken to a military post for questioning. Of course, many scared guild members tried to run but were convinced by Y/N and Master not to take such actions, as they would make us look like the bad guys in this situation.

Master Makarov and Y/N were taken away as a result of their calmness for a week while I was losing my mind, thinking they were going to jail. My extra imagination failed to come true as they only chatted with the council members due to our overwhelming evidence of Phantom Guild's action; some tea and biscuits were also involved.

And now, finally, things have calmed down. From the sounds of it, the council will shut down Phantom Guild while giving Fairy Tail a fair warning not to repeat their actions and let the authorities handle it.

We were lucky we had Y/N. He helped a lot with reverting all the damages to the surrounding buildings due to the fight. It almost looked like we were in a bubble that only damaged the Phantom and our guild; the rest looked spotless before the Rune Knights arrived.

But don't worry, Mom. I don't think we're in trouble yet. Or I don't think so. You never know. The council can be a bit wishy-washy with their rulings.

I remember Y/N's face when he said, "Don't worry, I got this." He said it with such confidence that nothing wrong would happen that it lessened my worries about the punishment we might face. After all, circumstantial evidence and eyewitness testimonies all point to the Phantom Guild destroying our base unprovoked and attacking many of our members.

I stopped writing at the sounds of birds chirping; I looked up to see a bigger bird feeding a small bird a worm.

Say, Mom. Do you think maybe he perpetrated all this behind the scenes?

Not even he'd go that far, would he?

I guess he would, huh? Without even a second thought...

I stopped writing as anger coursed through me at the thought of meeting him again before I continued writing.

But why does he suddenly want to drag me back now? 

He doesn't give a damn about me.

Mom...He'd try it again, wouldn't he? He'd do the same thing, using his money.