Chapter 17

Casey's POV

I slowly woke up realizing I lay on Lisa's bed. I looked around and saw that the rest was already awake. I stood up and made my way to the the bathroom and took a shower. After the shower I changed into a pair of black jeans, a white T-shirt, a red/white jacket and my black Converse. I walked to the kitchen and made myself some pancakes. I slowly started to hum a tune. Can I have some too?" Joey asked me while he entered the kitchen. "Sure. Here, you can have these." I said and gave him my plate. "Thanks.". I smiled and made myself some new ones. I finished my pancakes and walked around the house. I decided to go to the beach. I wonder where the girls are. I haven't seen them yet.

<At 1 PM>

I came back from the beach and went to my room. I grabbed my guitar and sat down on my bed. I just played some random chords when the girls entered the room. "He Casey. Can we have a word with you?" Christina asked me. "Sure." I said and put my guitar down. I looked at Lauren but she was just smiling. I followed them to the computer room and sat down. I looked at the girls. They looked at each other and finally Lisa started to speak. "Well, we heard you sing yesterday and....." Lisa started. "We would really like it if you joined the band." Amy finished for her. I looked at them with huge eyes. "Well? What do you think?" Dani asked insecure. "Ofcourse I will." I said happy. I ran towards them and gave them a big hug. They hugged me back and Dani whispered in my ear: "Welcome in the band.". That made me smile even bigger. "Can you sing something for us?" Lauren asked. "Okay." I said shyly. I decided to sing who you are by Jessie J.

"Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars 

Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing, 

It's okay not to be okay... 

Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart. 

Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising, 

Just be true to who you are."

I sang the last note and looked at the rest. They were just staring at me. Lauren was the first one who found her voice back. "That was amacim! You're really good!" she said happy. "Thanks." I replied shyly. "Okay, now we need to tell the CimFam that you're in the band." Katherine said. "Let's do it in our next cover." Dani suggested. "Than is the next question: What song are we going to cover?" Lauren asked and sat down on my lap. "How about When I WasYour Man by Bruno Mars." I said. "Yeah, than we can do it on the piano!" Dani said enthusiastic. "I'll go and write the harmonies." Lisa said quick and grabbed a paper. "Casey, which notes can you reach?" she asked me. "I don't know." I answered honestly. "Okay. Try to reach this note." she said and sang a really high note. I tryed and reach it easily. "Okay. Amy or Dani, sing the lowest note you can." she told them. They both gave it a try and I could reach that low note easily as wel. "So you can do both. That perfect." Lisa said happy. "Girls! Come to the livingroom! I've got a surprise!" our mom yelled. We looked at each other and went downstairs. Everybody else was already downstairs when we sat down. "Okay I have a surprise for all of you. Liam! You can come in." mom said. That name made me shiver. Lauren saw it and gave me a worried look. I could only stare at the door and then he walked in. It was the boy whom I was afraid that he would be. Before he could even look at me I ran upstairs to my room. I locked the door jumped crying on my bed. I still could believe he stood in my livingroom. I heard a knock on the door. "Casey, it's me. Please open the door." said Laurens voice behind the door. "Please go away." I yelled trough my tears. "No we won't!" Lisa yelled stubborn. I let out a deep sigh before I opened the door. All of the girls came walking in and Christina shut the door behind her. "Why did you run away? Do you know this boy?" Katherine asked me. I slowly nodded and sat down on Lisa's bed. "Where do you know him from?" Dani asked me. "I'd rather not talk about it." I answered. "That's okay." Lauren said quickly before they could ask me another question. I looked at my hands and burst into tears again. Lauren quickly ran over to me and hugged me tight. "What is Liam doing here?" I asked when I calmed down. "Wel..." Amy started and looked at the rest of the girls. "He is our new brother. Mom adopted him." Dani said. I shook me head in disbelieve. "No, no, no, no! This can't be true!" I yelled and burst into tears again. This time all the girls started to hug me. Suddenly everything went black and I blacked out.

Katherines POV

Suddenly Casey blacked out but Christina and Lisa caught her before she hit the ground. They layed her down on her bed and we silently left the room. We walked to mine, Christina's and Amy's room and sat down on our beds. Lauren sat down on Christina's bed, Dani on Amy's and Lisa on mine. "Lauren, do you remember if Casey ever told you something about a boy or this Liam guy?" Christina asked Lauren. Lauren shook her head. I felt my motherly side come up and wanted to find out why Casey was scared of this boy. "We need to find out, I mean... She needs to live with this boy, he is our brother now." I said worried. They all looked at me. "Well not yet." Christina said slowly. "What do you mean with not yet?" Lauren asked her a little confused. "Well... Mom hasn't adopted him yet."Christina said hesitating. "What do you mean with not yet?" a weak voice asked behind me. I turned around and saw Casey standing in the doorway. I quickly stood up so she could sit on my spot but she shook her head. "It's just like when we adopted you. We have to wait a month until we may adopt him officialy.". Casey slowly nodded her head before she turned around to leave the room. "Please stay." Dani said quickly. Casey turned around and looked at Dani. "Okay." she said softly before she said down beside Dani and Amy. We spend the rest of the night talking about music until everybody got tired and went to bed.

Laurens POV

I could sleep so I just watched Casey while she slept. She laid there so peacefully. Suddenly she started to talk in her sleep. "Why... Why are you doing this to me." she said and started to cry. I got out of my ned and started to wake Lisa up. "What Laur?" she asked me tired. "It's Casey. She's crying in her sleep." I replied worried. Lisa got out of her bed and started to wake Casey up. Casey slowly woke up and when she saw us she cried even harder. I quickly climbed on her bed and hugged her tight. Lisa climbed up to and started to try to calm Casey down. Casey cried herself to sleep in my arms so I decided to sleep on her bed. I fell asleep hugging Casey tight.

<The next morning>

I woke up realizing I lay on Casey's bed. I slowly stood up trying not to wake her up. I went to the kitchen where I found the rest of the girls. "Good morning Laur." Amy said cheerful. "Good morning to you too." I said with a smile. "I've got to tell you all something. Last night Casey was talking in her sleep and she said: 'Why... Why are you doing this to me.' and then she started to cry.". "What was she talking about?" Dani asked. "Or who." Katherine added.