Chapter 10 "Mission wave! Alliance for the last day!" Pt.4

Start from the beginning

=
-The Next Day-

It was still cold and the sun hadn't fully risen, but as it did, sunlight was falling on the trees, creating a breathtaking scene. It was a quiet early morning, and the only sounds to be heard were birds chirping, leaves rustling in the wind, and other lovely sounds of nature.

 It was a quiet early morning, and the only sounds to be heard were birds chirping, leaves rustling in the wind, and other lovely sounds of nature

Two orange figures were sleeping soundly in one of Tazuna's rooms. Naruko, who was an early riser, began to slowly stir, her eyes fluttering as she tried to adjust to the sunlight hitting her eyes. She then noticed that her pillow was radiating a warm, cozy feeling, and she pondered how a pillow could do that.

Memories from yesterday and last night suddenly came flooding back to her. She turned around quickly, her gaze softening as it settled on Naruto's contented sleeping face, realizing that she had been staring at him all along and using him as a pillow. She felt relieved and happy to see her brother safe, but sadness overwhelmed her once more when she thought about Naruto's battered state from yesterday; she couldn't forgive herself for that. She sighed, pushing all of the negative thoughts and feelings away, and tried cuddling up closer to him and sleep since it was still very early in the morning.

At roughly the same moment, Haku was informing Zabuza about Naruto's scheme to team up with him to defeat Gato back in their cave. At first, Zabuza turned down the offer right away, but Haku persuaded him to reconsider after pointing out that individuals like Gato are corrupted by money and that there's a high chance he would turn on them. After giving it some thought, Zabuza couldn't help but believe that Haku and the blond might be right—collaborating might finally get rid of that bastard. Ultimately, Zabuza accepted the idea and made plans to meet the blond later.

=

"There's the Demon!!"

"Get him!"

A mob of villagers and shinobi alike, armed with various weapons like kunais, torches, swords, hammers, axes, spears, and even a bottle of acid, was running after the six-year-old boy as he ran through the dark streets of Konoha. This day was October 10, the village's favorite day of the year due to the "Fox hunt," in which they would hunt down the demon of Konoha, torture and beat him until he would die, and then leave him to rot.

With tears streaming down his cheeks, the child turned and raced into an alley, only to find it to be a dead end. Using quick thinking, he used every box and surface he could stand on to climb up onto the wall and escape the mob that had just arrived in the alley.

"Darn it! He escaped!" A villager said.

Another villager remarked, "Don't worry, let's keep looking for him; he couldn't have gone far." So they started running once more in search of the demon.