Chapter 46:

"Poor Buckbeak," Hermione sulked.

"Stupid Malfoy, it was a damn scratch!" Harry exclaimed. Ron fiddled with his quill as the trio spoke. I overheard them in the shelves next to me.

Buckbeak's execution angered me. The blond bitch couldn't keep his mouth shut even though it was his fault.

"Ember?" Hermione spoke.

"Hey," I looked up from my homework.

"I didn't know you were here. Where's Fred?"

My smile faltered. She knew we would normally study together. I tried to forget about it but it hurts.

"I'm not sure," I shrugged. "What's going on with you?"

"We're going to Buckbeaks trial," she muttered.

"Oh. Would you like me to go with y'all?" I asked.

"That would be nice," she smiled sadly. I nodded and grabbed my things.

"Let me go put these away. I'll meet you guys in the courtyard,"

"Thanks, Ember." Hermione smiled at me then left. The walk back to the common room was quiet. There wasn't anyone in the common room at all! I placed my stuff down on the table in my dorm and put on a t-shirt with some jeans.

"I'm here," I walked up to the trio. Ron gave me an awkward smile at which I smiled back.

"You ready?" Harry asked. I nodded and we walked down to Hagrid's hut. Hagrid's face was wet with tears when he opened the door. Hermione sat him down and the others talked to him while I made tea.

"They can't do this! It's not fair!" Hermione said. I passed out giant cups when I felt something hit my head. I ignored it thinking it was just part of my imagination. But when I sat down, something else hit me in the head.

"Ouch," I winced.

"You okay?" Harry asked. We all jumped when the pot next to us broke. We looked out the window and Dumbledore with Fudge and the executioner walked down the path.

"Shit," I muttered.

"Back door!" Hagrid whisper-yelled. We ran out the back and listened. When they all entered the house, we ran. The executioner sharpened his weapon thing while Hermione shook.

After a minute, Buckbeak was gone. I swallowed heavily. Hermione started to cry and held onto Ron while Harry comforted her with a hug. I stared at the dead animal until Harry grabbed my hand.

"Agh!" Ron yelped.

"What?" I asked.

"Scabbers bit me!" He yelled and chased after his rat. I ran after him before I heard Harry yell.

"RON, EMBER, LOOK OUT!" I turned around to see a big black dog running after us.

"Holy shit!" I ducked as the dog jumped over my hand and grabbed Ron's leg. I tripped and was dragged as well as Ron.

"Why is this dog so damn strong?!" I yelled. I was shut up when we were taken down a hatch near the whomping willow.

I fell to the floor with a big thud to my head. I felt fine at first, until I stood up.

"Holy.."

"Ember!" Ron cried. My vision went back to normal for a sec and I saw where Ron was.

"I-I-it's him!!" Ron exclaimed and pointed to the door. There was a man standing there with a sadistic smile on his face.

"The fu-" I was cut off by the vomit emitting from my throat.

"Ugh!" Ron exclaimed. He backed away from the man and held onto me tightly as I clutched my head.

Everything was spinning.

"Ron! Ember!" I heard Harry yell. They fell down the hatch and scrambled onto their feet.

"Harry stop! It's a trap! It's him!"

"What are you on about?" Harry asked before he saw the man.

"Sirius Black."

————————————————————
Hope you liked the chapter! Love you!