028

CHAPTER 028
NOVEMBER 26,2024
BRAIN WASH
———————————————-

12:02 AM

Chan patiently tapped his foot as he waited in Hyungwon's house. Gritting his teeth, it was obvious that the elder was getting impatient feeling with anxiety.

"hyung?" A small called out. Chan looked up and smiled big upon seeing Jeongin. The younger looked good as new, he didn't seem to be in the same state that he used he in.

I guess the medicine has been working.

"oh hey innie." The younger took a seat besides the elder. "they fired you, didn't they?" Chan sighed and nodded softly.

Jeongin's eyes soften and began to feel guilty. "I'm sorry hyung. It's all because of me." Chan frown and shook his head.

"it's not, I think what your brother did was right. If he didn't do so then I might have ended up doing it either way."

A smile creeped up onto the younger's face. "really?" The elder nodded his head. "to be honest I think if I have continued to work as a psychologist maybe I would have gone crazy."

Chan smiled. "in that psychiatric hospital, it was a nightmare you know." The younger frown and looks up.

"nightmare? How so?" Chan looked down at the younger. "the whole hospital is filled with patients that need help but none had received help. Painful screams and cries filled every hall way. At first I thought that maybe it was too much to deal with that's why they couldn't but soon I found more as I continued to work. Their intentions were never to help those patients, the patients were like their toys, experiments that they would inject things into."

Jeongin's eyes widen, hearing the new information. What would have happened if he stayed? Would he be like them too?

Chan looked away from the younger facing straight. "when I heard you entered the hospital, I panicked. I didn't want those people to hurt you nor turn you into some experiment so stood up to take the responsibility of taking care of you. I didn't know that they still mistreated you behind my back."

Jeongin was able to hear tints of sadness, anger and frustration in the elder's voice. The younger felt like a pang in his heart, what does Chan think of him since the accident?

Was Chan ever going to bring up the accident? Chan must have heard the reasoning behind his stay in that hospital.

"hyung, did you heard why I was there?" Chan paused, he looked down and  hummed. "yeah, I did. Every doctor has their patient's file."

Jeongin felt his heat sink, anxiety filling his whole body. Fear filled his eyes, looking up at the elder. Chan must have known what the younger could have been thinking.

"I understand why you chose to help hyunjin." The younger was puzzled. "h-huh?"

"family always tend to help each other. Siblings do so too even if it's something terrible. I understand why you did it, you had no choice. Was hyunjin mentally stable?" Jeongin shook his head and looked down.

"n-no, actually he wasn't. I wasn't sure why but he was in a psychopath mentality. I wasn't so sure how to help him...hyung would be different people at times."