It's a Bloody Christmas

Note!

This special takes place in a separate reality with no ties to TBatG3. Nonhumans are accepted as people, thus living with humans, but the war has not happened yet. Jasper and Sapphire are still with the Cult. Sapphire is also a fairy.

All in all, it's a bit confusing if you try to compare it to TBatG3 or the trilogy as a whole. So don't do that.

You know what? Fuck it. This is the Holiday Universe. Multiverse confirmed or some shit, I dunno. I just wanted to write something festive.

With that said, expect the special to be on the more light-hearted side.

Also, a new character is introduced. She doesn't have a part in the main story, but if I continue this Holiday Universe thing with other holidays like April Fool's or Halloween, she'll have plenty of appearances. She might even make it into the AO3 version of the main story, since I'll be rewriting the trilogy manually and reworking it to be completely my own (which won't be difficult given how different the trilogy's version of RWBY is from the source material).

Also, this chapter is huge - on par with the chapters in TBatG1, which were between 15000 and 20000 words.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to the people who don't celebrate Christmas!

...

In the dead of night, the hooded figure slipped through the alleys of Faralda, unseen and unheard. The patrolling guards didn't even notice as the nonhuman avoided them, approaching the front of a home. The lights were off; the residents were asleep by now.

As the snow fell around the stranger, they quietly opened the mailbox and slipped an envelope inside, quickly scurrying to the house next door.

Contrary to the nice home of their neighbors, this one looked more run-down, a house of a family living on the edge of poverty. They didn't have a mailbox, so the figure slipped another envelope under their door.

"Let's see..."

The figure reached into the pocket of his black cloak and retrieved a checklist, staring at the list of names.

"... Yin and Vao's families, and the Burgundy household... That is all for Faralda."

He could hear armored footsteps approaching from down the snowy street, the man quickly disappearing into the alleys again.

Meanwhile, in another plane of existence, a second hooded figure was delivering letters to others that bear the same name as Yin and Vao, with the inclusion of two artists and two former gangsters.

In the depths of a cave filled with party-loving goblins, a third hooded figure was delivering an envelope to the goblin palace, slipping past the armed guards and into the chief's daughter's room before leaving as quiet as a mouse.

And in a scorching desert that had been chilled by the night, protected from the extreme temperatures by a barrier, multiple nonhuman residents were being delivered the same envelopes by a fourth and final hooded figure.

The invitations had been sent, and a new adventure awaited.

...

When the sun came up, Yin was immediately awoken from his sleep by someone beating on his door. The healer groaned and rolled out of bed, throwing on his slippers and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

BANG BANG BANG!

"Coming..."

BANG BANG BANG!